Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By scottitude

Is it just me, or is anyone else struggling with the new Xbox Music? I played the game and signed up for Xbox Music Pass, thinking that this may ease some of my music access pain. Xbox Music has actually made things more of a pain. Xbox Music is very limited on WP8 and it is almost impossible to get a song to download first time without getting an error. Offering an option to play, add to play, add to play list, download, etc. does not make things any easier.

I have downloaded Nokia Music. Not much better than Xbox Music.

Went to trusty ol' Zune that I still have loaded on my Windows 8 laptop. That sure gave me a lot more functionality in terms of music search - plus it downloads songs through my Xbox Music Pass first time - no errors.

I also fiddled around with my Son's iTunes on both his PC and iPhone. Xbox has a lot of work to do to catch up to iTunes. Of course, being a cash cow, iTunes is the only software that Apple has that's worth a **** IMO.

Is Microsoft planning to position Xbox Music as a "player" APP with future enhancements to the Marketplace or Store for better search, purchases and music management? I would say that if I were a WP8 platform developer, I could get rich overnight by coming up with an APP that integrated with Xbox Music and Xbox Music Pass.
    MadDogFL62

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    In my opinion, retiring the Zune brand (software and devices) was one of the biggest mistakes MS ever made. Take back the drag & drop crap and give us something with Zune-like wireless syncing.

WP8 plays music & videos but compared to Zune & WP7 it's a step backwards and really my only complaint about my Lumia 920.
    willied and tissotti like this.