Am I the only one experiencing system wide sluggishness when SD card is present?

bluesingas

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problems on my 820. Class 4 Adata 32Gb micro sdxd card. Settings opens in about 1.5 seconds, and the camera takes a picture very slow, after a first shot it's fine... This annoys me su much. I wonder if Portico fixes this..

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a 16gb sd card from my old blackberry which works fine. I actually have several sd cards from old devices I swap out when needed and I have never experienced any issue at all.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
It's weird how it seems to be affecting some and not others. I too hope the portico update fixes this, if we ever get it...

Sometimes swapping out the device makes a big difference. My first 822 had a horrible camera until I swapped it out for a new one and what a big difference.

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I am still having, on rare occassion, a recorded video, that does not record......on a 32gb samsung card. At least the ones that do record are good quality. The 64gb card would never record without stuttering/jumpy videos. I still cannot use a sandisk 64gb card to record video.

mcherrick68

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My theory on these issues is that it depends upon each SD card, some seem to play well with the phone, others do not. That's all I can determine after hearing everyone's different problems

EdgarPre

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had my 822 for two days and dropped in a Sandisk 32GB Class 10 card on day 1. The behavior I've seen on now two occasions is that I attempt to launch Settings and it comes back to the Start menu after a few seconds. After that, the phone will not power down completely, i.e. the phone locks up with the word "goodbye" on the screen. Have to pop the battery at that point.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot that?

bluesingas

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 822 for two days and dropped in a Sandisk 32GB Class 10 card on day 1. The behavior I've seen on now two occasions is that I attempt to launch Settings and it comes back to the Start menu after a few seconds. After that, the phone will not power down completely, i.e. the phone locks up with the word "goodbye" on the screen. Have to pop the battery at that point.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot that?

Same problems here with settings, photos, music and other apps....

EdgarPre

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually, since dropping my Sandisk Class 10 32GB card in after the Portico update I have had zero problems. I only have about 2GBs of music loaded thus far but haven't seen the instability reading the card or failing to power down.

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Sure... I got the model LSDMI16GBSBNAR and bought it from Adorama here:Lexar 16GB High-Speed microSDHC Secure Digital Memory Card with Card Reader LSDMI16GBSBNARWhen it arrived, I used the enclosed usb adapter, put it in a pc and reformatted it. Then into the phone it went and been rocking since.I went with Lexar after reading various reviews and card tests... (shrug!)
Posting an update on my own post... :|Interestingly, since Portico update, I am having stuttering issues when playing music off this card. Sigh.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3