Does anyone successfuly connect TWO BLuetooth devices (different profiles) at the same time?

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Phone synced to a 2011 Subaru Legacy, with stock Bluetooth setup; voice only.

Then I bought an a2dp "Bluetooth receiver" off Amazon, hoping that I'd be able to... well... connect to both of them at the same time, and play music over BT through that profile.

But I am having the darnest time getting both of them to connect at the same time; it could be various things but ultimately - I am not even sure that this should theoretically work?

Did anyone get this to work?

drummer0294

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
At home I have a wireless phone the supports Bluetooth to cell. I have the 822 connected to it as voice. I also connect the 822 to Win 7 machine as music. Both are connected at the same time.

chiguezc

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
which a2dp did you buy? I have same problem with subaru xv. Only allows one gadget at a time to be paired. Want to use my I touch to play music and blackberry phone to make/take calls using the steering wheel controls. Thanks.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have BT hands free profile in my car stereo, and stream audio through this Logitech BT receiver with the A2DP profile, and they work great together. The phone links automatically to the car, but not to the Logitech. Since the link to the car is automatic, I suspect that it is the Logitech device that doesn't automatically link. Oh - and from what I've heard, it WILL link automatically, but apparently since it's being powered by the 12v power adapter that is off when the car is off, it won't automatically link when it is turned back on.

No big deal, though. I programmed an NFC tag using NFC Interactor to open the BT settings. Hover the phone over the tag, tap the Logitech in the BT settings, then hit back to get back to wherever I was. The link happens about a second after I tap it, if it takes that long.

In order to get rid of the ground loop feedback (that whine in the background), I picked up this ground loop isolator. Works great.

lafn

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Great topic. My 2010 Outback's audio system has Bluetooth's for calls only. I am looking for a way to stream audio so I need a Bluetooth to audio in adapter since the car also has a audio jack in the console. This sounds like it is working for people. I am hoping to use the new Nokia wireless car adapter to hold it. How is the Nokia drive sound going to work if the radio is switched to FM and not the audio in port? Is there a way to get the navigation sound to just come out the phone and have the music routed to Bluetooth?
Thanks for your thoughts.

yeebles

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I use the Wireless holder and a Bluetooth to Audio adaptor which connects into my car stereo's aux thing. I use Spotify and Here Drive. The way it works is Spotify plays music through the stereo and when instructions come through HERE dims the music and plays the instruction. It's pretty seamless.

lafn

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
But if you are listening to AM/FM/CD the navigation prompts will not be heard because it will be sent to the Bluetooth connection. I cant turn off Bluetooth or the phone connection won't work. Here Maps needs an option of sending the navigation prompts through the phones speaker regardless of Bluetooth connections.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon