Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

It had been almost a month and I never received any updates for my apps. When I go to the app store and search the apps I have, it shows that there is an update for that certain app. Is anybody else having this issue? What is the fix? It used to put a number on the live tile of app store to tell me there are updates available. Anybody?
    Thanks

Global Posts
    2,911 Global Posts
    It's a problem with the os.

Wait for a fix.

Check to see if you have your "location" enabled in settings. I found that when that's off, I do not get application updates. Turning it on solved this problem for me.

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Problem with OS or app store? What changed? I was getting updates after Portico but last 2-3 weeks haven't received any. Have to read about updates here and search app in store. I have location on. I haven't changed anything else.
    Developer

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts
    Wow, that's weird. The tile showed 3 updates yesterday and they were all real updates. Today, I got another 5 updates and again they were all real updates. Not surprising since I got 55+ apps installed

(and I surprisingly only used 4 GB of memory, with other only being 1 GB :D )

I have the same problem. I read the news, an update is available for an app I installed. But there is no badge number on my app store tile. When I go to the app store there is no update available. When I search for that app in app store, then I found the update. This is weird.

And yesterday, all of the sudden, I got 25 updates badge on my app store live tile. I check each apps, they are all available since last month. I do not understand how this works. And yes my location is on.
    I had a similar problem, and in contacting two different people at Microsoft, the fix was a hard reset. Right now I've got a problem where it constantly shows 1 update more than what there is on the live tile (so when there are zero updates, it shows a 1). Being OCD like I am, I keep tapping, and when I go to the store where there are no updates for my phone, it goes away for a little while, but it comes back. I'm hoping that 1) we get Portico soon, and 2) that it will fix it. If not, another hard reset.

Fortunately, hard resets now aren't as terrible as they used to be. I did two in one weekend a month or so ago. Make sure you back up your app list first, in the settings, then go at it. Most apps will automatically reinstall, with a couple exceptions that waited about 18-20 hours before I got notification of (Nokia Extras + Info, for example), but the only thing lost is app data - game progress for example. Since I'm not a gamer, that's not a big deal to me.

If it really bothers you, go for the hard reset. If you want your start screen laid out the same, take a screenshot first, and make sure it either syncs to your computer or to Skydrive. Go into the Phone Backup in Settings, back up your app list, and go for it. If it's only a minor inconvenience to you, wait to see if Portico fixes it.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    I shouldn't have to hard reset my phone to get app store updates, which worked fine before, for my apps. I'm just not going to spend another dime in store until they fix it. I'm not searching store for updates. It should be a trivial fix but MS, yet again, sets on their *** and drags their feet. And Portico didn't break it or fix it. Mine just started two weeks ago. MS screwed something up on their end.

I make today a question about that "issue" on microsoft community.
    When I have any news. I'll post it here...
    about store's and applications updates - Microsoft Community
    Quote Originally Posted by conanheath View Post
    I shouldn't have to hard reset my phone to get app store updates, which worked fine before, for my apps. I'm just not going to spend another dime in store until they fix it. I'm not searching store for updates. It should be a trivial fix but MS, yet again, sets on their *** and drags their feet. And Portico didn't break it or fix it. Mine just started two weeks ago. MS screwed something up on their end.
    I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't have to do. I'm telling you what I was told to do to fix my similar, but not quite the same, problem. And since a hard reset fixed my problem, it wasn't a problem on their end. It was in the phone. Hard resetting my phone didn't change a thing on their end.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Well, I guess MS finally got something right. After a month of no updates, all of the sudden I had 8 tonight that appeared on tile. Maybe they can actually fix things instead of just break them. And I did not factory reset. The problem was on their end. Now if they could get the other dozen things fixed that annoy me I might actually keep this phone and OS.