Bluetooth In Car Locking Up Phone

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest that the Bluetooth failures in no way constitute niggles, according to standard or slang usages of that word. Bluetooth was a failure on this phone up to portico and fell far short of the capabilities available in WP7. Since portico it seems somewhat more stable but is still buggy and feature poor. This is a reason I can't in good conscience recommend the phone at this point. It is not a minor issue but a significant failure in what should be basic functionality.

I really don't think anyone benefits from your constant nagging.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If you are driving a recent Toyota, or other make, that requires the car to brought to a complete stop and taken out of gear for the phone to reset and reinstate bluetooth, that is not much consolation.

no I literally meant turn car off then back on or turn phone off then back on. I've never had a problem in the middle of a drive with Bluetooth, once its connected it works. But sometimes it doesn't connect and one of those will fix it.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
no I literally meant turn car off then back on or turn phone off then back on. I've never had a problem in the middle of a drive with Bluetooth, once its connected it works. But sometimes it doesn't connect and one of those will fix it.

Yeah - I have to shut my Toyota off and restart it when this happens - not very often.

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I feel fortunate to have not had Bluetooth issues at all. I have multiple Bluetooth devices and none of them have caused a lock up or other issues, either before or after the Portico update. I hope she gets it worked out.

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I do not seem to be experiencing this issue often anymore. However I have noticed that when I am driving and get a txt I am able to speak to hear the message and then when I am done I have the option to say call or I'm done.

I no longer have the option to say reply and then speak a reply txt. This is a huge pain since I have always been able to since WP7 and even with the 822 I had always been able to speak a reply txt, but am not sure if it was from the Portico update or not.

The other thing I have noticed is that at times my phone gives me a message that listening to music and stuff at max volume can lead to hearing loss and then it turns the volume down from 30 to 20. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix that?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I do not seem to be experiencing this issue often anymore. However I have noticed that when I am driving and get a txt I am able to speak to hear the message and then when I am done I have the option to say call or I'm done.

I no longer have the option to say reply and then speak a reply txt. This is a huge pain since I have always been able to since WP7 and even with the 822 I had always been able to speak a reply txt, but am not sure if it was from the Portico update or not.

The other thing I have noticed is that at times my phone gives me a message that listening to music and stuff at max volume can lead to hearing loss and then it turns the volume down from 30 to 20. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix that?

To turn on the speech/text functionality you need to turn it on. Go into the speech settings and see if you have the option called "Read aloud incoming text messages". As far as the hearing damage notice, that's only supposed to pop up the first time you turn the volume up on your phone

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks. I'm thinking it might have been because I didn't have the option for send speech recognition back to Microsoft or something, I'll give that a try

Yea not sure on the volume thing because it has happened well over half a doze, times or more and its annoying.

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have been able to now be able to select reply to the txt with Bluetooth, however I have still been getting the message about my volume. I wonder if it will give you that message if you power off the phone and restart it up.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have been able to now be able to select reply to the txt with Bluetooth, however I have still been getting the message about my volume. I wonder if it will give you that message if you power off the phone and restart it up.

Can't hurt to try, a hard reset I'm almost 100% sure will fix it (of course that's a lot to ask)

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Can't hurt to try, a hard reset I'm almost 100% sure will fix it (of course that's a lot to ask)

Yea that's not something I would be planning on doing since there is no way to back up all my game saves and have been playing the new soccer game that takes forever to complete.

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Hard Reset 5 time, Replace phone twice. Portico and Pre portico, It keeps happening. If it get's much worse I expect the airbag to deploy and the seat to recline.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb