Lumia won't let me start a hotspot

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Is there any message when you try internet sharing? Beyond that, make sure the wifi connection is disabled before trying to turn it on . I have also found that I need to not only turn off wifi, but back completely out with the bottom left arrow, then go back in to settings to turn on internet sharing. Occasionally I also need to restart the phone with both wifi and internet sharing off. Then it will setup internet sharing correctly after the phone turns back on and I go back in and enable the setting. Just another of the many things I have come to hate about this phone....

Factman

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I had a problem when I first got my 822. No internet sharing setting. Went back and forth with Verizon. In the end they suggested a hard reboot. Restarted, and there was everything I needed. Seems like the guy in the kiosk messed up the set-up in the first place. Most of my programs came back from the Windows Phone site eventually, so there was only a "little" gnashing of teeth.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I think it's something you have to call or chat with Verizon to activate. For some reason it just worked with mine, but I think I've read some other posts saying people had to call Verizon to get it working.

Factman

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Isn't a hard reboot a complete reset? Because I already did that
Yes, it is a complete reset to manufacturer's status - settings/about/reset your phone. @willied may be right - the Verizon guy may have checked that I have that feature set up in my plan without telling me that if it wasn't there the Internet sharing function would not be there.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I was at Verizon today and ask them about it they said $20.00 extra per month. When I had my trophy it worked just fine so now with my new 822 & 2 year contract all they want is more $$$$$$$

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There is no charge if you're on a share everything plan. I was under the impression that the only plans charged are the grandfathered unlimited data plans.

As for your inability to get it to work, I'm not sure if you're saying that the setting isn't there, or that you're getting routed to a web page that gives you the option of adding sharing. If the latter is the case, it's a simple fix - call them on the phone. When Tango came to the Trophy, I had the same problem. A phone call, and then waiting an hour or two for the settings to propagate through their system, and I was up and running. No charge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss