My Tap to Send NFC isn't working

Silent Night

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Last Sunday I purchased the Nokia Lumia 822 in a Verizon store and went ahead and got a wireless charging back for it. The worker who set up my phone put the back in for me. I got home and put it on the charging plate and it works fine. I like the wireless charging a lot. Today however, my friend who has the Lumia 920 wanted to use NFC to send me a picture. He was on the picture and had Tap and Send on and Bluetooth on when he clicked on tap and send. I tapped my phone against his back to back with my phone unlocked and on my start screen but nothing happened. One of our phone's NFC isn't working right, or I'm doing it wrong. I then tried to send him a picture and nothing happened. I also had Tap and Send and Bluetooth on. I think my phone is the one that isn't working for NFC because I wen't into the Wallet app and it didn't give me the option to turn on NFC for the wallet app. The funny thing is that my wireless charging still works and his phone works with wireless charging as well. Am I doing something wrong? Does the wireless charging back remove standard NFC features to make room for charging? Is my phone or his phone defective? Please help!

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
The only time I tried to use the NFC feature was with my wife and her iPhone. Her iPhone recognized that I was using a Windows phone but said that it wasnt compatible with the iPhone. Seems silly to block another os at the expense of the customer. why cant the OS makers play nice?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The wireless charging back doesn't interfere with the NFC functions. Go to windowsphone.com, there is a video that shows how to share a picture via NFC.

CapitanMexicooo

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Try sending it via Bluetooth only. Since the actual Tap-to-Send function uses Bluetooth to transfer files, it could be that's whats causing it not to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon