Lumia 822 Portico Update Pushing March 1st, 2013

EvilBagheadMan

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Verizon Tech Support. I called and asked them what the status of the Lumia 822 Portico update was. He said he would check and, while I waited on hold for the inevitable, 'I am not showing anything on my system for that update', he told me that Verizon will start pushing out the Portico update on March 1st. I am excited if this is true. Only 3 months late, but it may finally be coming.

deku13

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update buddy! Not getting my hopes up too much. Call center reps are a tricky breed to understand...

SOMEnameItried

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
:')

Please post if this helps with the sd cards like it claims. I would be incredibly grateful. Because if all is well then I am sooooooo there to get one.

So far, this is amazing news and thank you for sharing @EvilBagheadMan

Cheers,
Kelly

tomxteam

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
SWEET MOTHER OF GOD! Really hoping this cures my random freezes and SD card lock ups. Preparing to Install 100%, here we go! :love:

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Update went smoothly and took about 45 minutes or so with about 3 reboots and all is well; so far ;)

My phone never had an issue with lockups, reboots or SD card problems from day 1. I'm hoping Portico continues that trend....

kirbybaker#WN

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Phone rebooted after installing and promptly said "Error with SD card. Put it in a PC to try and fix it". Or something like that. BLAH!!! Never had any issues with the card in the phone before.

PimblyCharles

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I really hope the issue with Camera Roll folders not being able to delete and keep coming back. My 822 is installing the update now. Fingers crossed...

EDIT: The OS update installed, and of course the issue with one empty folder in my Camera Roll not being able to delete. Does anyone else have this issue? I will likely forever be haunted by this one empty folder that will never delete...

EdgarPre

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
So far so good on the SD card front. Loaded about 2GB of music onto my Sandisk Class 10. No problems with playback or other symptoms, i.e. phone hanging on 'goodbye' on power down. Count me optimistic!

SOMEnameItried

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
That's great @ADufresne!

I went into a store here (Austin, TX), and no phones had them at that time. They said their (Verizon) is rolling out the updates in batches of 200 (don't know if that's thousands, I would think so). Anyway, once some of the devices are updated, I'll go in and try it out. I noticed on the main thread (article) that people were still experiencing some issues w/ sd cards though. Anyway, congrats on the update y'all!

Cheers,
Kelly

Last edited:

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I find it so interesting, I was speaking to the VZW reps, and they had no idea about an update. on Feb 28th... HA.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3