Verizon 822 OS update aka Portico + new firmware is now live

PimblyCharles

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I really hope the issue with Camera Roll folders not being able to delete and keep coming back. My 822 is installing the update now. Fingers crossed...

EDIT: The OS update installed, and of course the issue with one empty folder in my Camera Roll not being able to delete. Does anyone else have this issue? I will likely forever be haunted by this one empty folder that will never delete...

Last edited:

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I just checked my 822 I am downloading now!

Update: I haven't really noticed any real differences so far bit I also never had any issues with my device to begin with.

Last edited:

David A Smith

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just installed - so far so good! It fixed at least one of the problems I was having - the inability to get ActiveSync working with our Exchange server at work. After the update my inbox automatically synced. Very nice. Here's hoping they've also fixed the problem with camera sluggishness.

vinu_h

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm not able to find 'add Internet apn' or 'add mms apn' under mobile network in my 822 after this update. Would you please confirm this. Thank you.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Updated but I don't notice anything different... :winktongue:

So far I see ability to select/clear all in both the messages and photos hub. Though I can't remember if that feature was in the photos hub before. Also, when you take video you get a beep when starting and stopping.

Last edited:

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
my earpiece volume seems louder, I used to have trouble hearing people in phone conversations but now it seems I keep having to turn to volume down.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Is it best to download it when the battery has been charged to 100% and unplugged or best to do the update when plugged into a charger? Does it matter?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you plug it in, the WiFi will stay on when the screen goes off, so you don't have to keep monitoring it to see that it keeps from going to sleep. Personally, I left mine plugged in for most of the update process, but that's not really necessary. I'd make sure you're fully charged if you're not going to plug in. My update took more than an hour, and while the screen does not have to be on that whole time, the processor will be doing some heavy work, so I'm sure there will be noticable impact on the battery charge.

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this too. Interesting as I know some people have been using the phone on ATT.....will be interesting to see if they can get data after this update ????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb