Scratch in Lumia screen

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I've barely had it for a week and there is a big scratch in the screen. I thought Gorilla Glass 2 was very hard to scratch. Can anyone give me any tips to prevent any more scratches? I've kept it in a screen protector and a case from day one:angry:

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
You kept it in a screen protector and still got a scratch?!? Ouch, that's pretty bad. I have some really light scratches in mine but I can only see them in certain light and I can't feel them. How bad is the scratch in yours?

All I can say is make sure your pockets are clean (or wherever you keep it) and make sure there's not something abrasive rubbing up against it.

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
You kept it in a screen protector and still got a scratch?!? Ouch, that's pretty bad. I have some really light scratches in mine but I can only see them in certain light and I can't feel them. How bad is the scratch in yours?

All I can say is make sure your pockets are clean (or wherever you keep it) and make sure there's not something abrasive rubbing up against it.

Its very noticible, its big but half of it you can only see under direct light. The rest is all rainbowy

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but **** happens lol...its not Gorilla Glass fault, maybe you put it on a surface or your pocket and you put pressure on it.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

CasvalRemDeikun

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have two specks of dust underneath the screen on my 822. I have no idea how they got in. I also have had no luck getting them out. I don't want to dismantle my phone either.

Steephill

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had my phone since like a week after release and have no scratches. It's even been dropped a few times, but the screen is perfect. Only had a screen protector for about half the time I've had it.

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I've had my phone since like a week after release and have no scratches. It's even been dropped a few times, but the screen is perfect. Only had a screen protector for about half the time I've had it.

I'm going to take it to Verizon. The signal drops out where my friends phones get full bars. Also the phone shuts down and then I have to pull the battery and reboot almost twice a day

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've barely had it for a week and there is a big scratch in the screen. I thought Gorilla Glass 2 was very hard to scratch. Can anyone give me any tips to prevent any more scratches? I've kept it in a screen protector and a case from day one:angry:
Forgive the cynic in me, but it sounds like a scratch that stainless steel would have difficulty resisting, if it went through a screen protector and left a "big scratch" on the glass.

I'm going to take it to Verizon. The signal drops out where my friends phones get full bars. Also the phone shuts down and then I have to pull the battery and reboot almost twice a day
Definitely sounds like a lemon.
Again, the cynic... I could be wrong, of course, but it sounds more to me like someone who scratched his phone and wants the phone company to pay for it.

All screens scratch on phones no matter what you do.
+1000

gregsedwards

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
The lockup/reboot thing happened with my first Lumia 822. Took it back to Verizon and they were great to swap it out. No problems with this one.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have to ask, how did you get a scratch on the screen when you had a screen protector on it? Do you mean you keep it in a case that protects the screen while it's in the case? Or do you have an adhesive, clear, plastic film attached at all times to your screen? Did the screen get scratched before the protector went on?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon