Nokia Lumia 822 has become Verizon's weekly most popular device.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Verizon's Nokia L822 has surpassed iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy Note to become to most popular device based on sales estimate from 03/2-3/8.

So people on Verizon what made you choose L822 over other WP devices and or other platforms.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 822 Verizon's most popular device in all offered platforms

I have bought five on my business account because they are free for business. They were $49, then $29, and now free. Best deal going. However, I just got myself a 8X, and handed down my 822 to a co-worker, but the employees are very happy with the 822.

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps people are finally starting to take an interest in WP. I chose the 822 over the HTC 8X for a few reasons. Brighter screen, the build felt more solid to me, and the SD card slot for expandable storage. After using it for a little while now I feel it was the right choice for me. It's a great device.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
For me size, coming from the HTC Trophy it just fit right in my hand and it's solid phone speed, display. If they had the 920 I would not have got do to it's size. Besides look at all the problems they have. Could you imagine a business having these problems? A friend has the 920 and spends more time fixing than enjoying. So I think that's why the 820 is do good with Verizon.

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I love my 822 and have used window phone since the Thera (Audiovox Thera / Toshiba 2032 Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)). I am an old tech geek and work with young tech geeks. I do wish MS could help/encourage the app world to catch up with IOS and Android. I miss XM radio, MLB at bat on WP8. I also have to give Apple an Android credit when their phones connect blue tooth to even MS devices better than mine does. I take a lot of heat from my young talented co workers running circles around me with their devices. I will stick with Windows and hope for them to catch up. They are doing good but it takes time to catch up with more mature platforms.

Bill

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
It will be interesting to see what the 822 sales are like when Verizon gets their version of the 920. Right now it's the only Nokia option. Just playing devil's advocate.

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Verizon's Nokia L822 has surpassed iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy Note to become to most popular device based on sales estimate from 03/2-3/8.

So people on Verizon what made you choose L822 over other WP devices and or other platforms.

Can you please provide a link with this info?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see a link to actual numbers since this is very hard to believe. I am on post-op narcotics for spinal surgery and do not buy this story. The 822 has the lowest customer appreciation figures of any VZW Windows Phone according to VZW itself, with a remarkably poor percentage for people who would recommend the phone to others. In terms of popularity on Amazon, it falls below a Samsung flip phone and only ranks better for customer reviews because each color is listed as its own phone and the few respondents for some colors like those more than the larger number of respondents for the better selling black model.

Quite frankly, I have yet to see data to back up claims for any high sales for this device and find peoples' just so stories with no support to be more than difficult to swallow. Please provide some hard data to confirm but also keep in mind that the advertising metrics some cite are extremely unreliable. They are closer to guesses; only track at the macro level; and can easily over represent initial sales and short term promotions when people try to use data at the micro level.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see a link to actual numbers since this is very hard to believe. I am on post-op narcotics for spinal surgery and do not buy this story. The 822 has the lowest customer appreciation figures of any VZW Windows Phone according to VZW itself, with a remarkably poor percentage for people who would recommend the phone to others. In terms of popularity on Amazon, it falls below a Samsung flip phone and only ranks better for customer reviews because each color is listed as its own phone and the few respondents for some colors like those more than the larger number of respondents for the better selling black model.

Quite frankly, I have yet to see data to back up claims for any high sales for this device and find peoples' just so stories with no support to be more than difficult to swallow. Please provide some hard data to confirm but also keep in mind that the advertising metrics some cite are extremely unreliable. They are closer to guesses; only track at the macro level; and can easily over represent initial sales and short term promotions when people try to use data at the micro level.

Verizon Lumia 822 is a sleeper hit, surpassing the Lumia 920 on AT&T according to a new report | Windows Phone Central

Here you go. Enjoy your opiate induced state!

Edit*. I know it doesn't exactly pertain to the OP's claim that the 822 was the most popular on Verizon, but It certainly correlates to the fact that the 822 is a popular device and makes it seem within the realm of possibility.

eande4u

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
You know it is probably cause I look at the phone 20 times a day on their website. lol I am going to make the switch from my old Samsung Fascinate running android 2.2. Gonna give it a try just want to make sure it is right for me.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I work for VZW marketing and although I am not able to post a link on here, here is a link from our website internal view. You should be able to see the same screen by going to vzw.com (should be on the main page, but I'm not sure). btw this was simply my curiosity as a wp user and has nothing to do with Verizon.

vzw.jpg

mlcooper54

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
stephen_az - please show us YOUR data showing the 822 has the lowest customer appreciation figures of any VZW Windows Phone!!! Please...get off your meds. You are not living in the real world.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Go to Verizon Wireless, Shop, Smartphones. In the left column, click the blue Show All. Then sort phones by Rating. You can see there are 29 smartphones. Galaxy Note is top rated, then Razr Maxx, Iphones, Droid DNA, Trophy, LG Spectrum, then 8X Intuition, a couple of Droids, then 822, right above the SIII. Now a lot of the negative Windows Phone reviews complain about the lack of apps, and of course, almost any product has stupid negatives. One 2-0star review on the 8X says it's ridicules that can't replace/upgrade the battery. hahaha. I'll be they go get an IPhone, lol.

If you go into the reviews, you can see the percentage of people who recommend that phone. The Ativ has 92% (only 14 reviews, so a little skewed), 8X has 82%, 822 has 79% and the Trophy has 64%.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
If you go into the reviews, you can see the percentage of people who recommend that phone. The Ativ has 92% (only 14 reviews, so a little skewed), 8X has 82%, 822 has 79% and the Trophy has 64%.

L822 has 85% and 8X has 92%...

Ron Penton

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I was mere minutes away from purchasing an 822 before I decided to hold off.

I do not own a smartphone. In general I do not like the concept of them, but ultimately I need one because I am embarking upon a new diet this month which requires me to keep track of the foods and the times that I eat, and a smartphone is the easiest way to facilitate this. A secondary purpose for the phone would be as a replacement for my ZuneHD 64, since I do not see the point of lugging around 2 devices which are capable of the same exact thing. So, my requirements are thus:

* Needs 64gb expandable storage to replace my Zune
* Needs to be able to be programmed so that I can write a music app that allows me to listen to and rate music using single touches in my car (I'm a Windows developer, very familiar with silverlight, so WP8 seems like it would require a small learning curve for me)
* Needs either wireless recharging or a slide-in dock with charger so that I don't have to plug any wires in when I hop in my car
* Needs to work on Verizon
* Needs to not cost 3 arms and 2 legs.

822 fit most of those specs. Currently lacking is the dock availability.

However I changed my mind because of recent news that Verizon may be getting a better phone, the 928. So I'm holding off until the specs and price for that are released and then I'll decide whether to go with the 822 or 928.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3