lumia 820 cant send sms after portico update

Amit Jethava

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: lumia 820 cant send sms after portico update0

downgrade phone to 1532.2108.1244.0003
install flash files from NaviFirmEx (navifirm downloder)
download files in one folder
install Nokia Care suit
paste files to C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products/rm-845
change PC & mobile DATE 1/02/2013
Flash with 1532.2108.1244.0003 verson
sms freely don't update

Nave822lumia

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have tried and it really works :excited::wink::excited::grin::grin::excited::excited:

Download the following files:

1. NaviFirmPlus 1.7 (new link)
2. Nokia_Care_Suite_5.0_2012.45.4.5 (new link)

Unzip NaviFirm to a directory of your choice.
Install Nokia_Care_Suite_5.0_2012.45.4.5

NaviFirm Directions:
1. Run NaviFirmPlus executable
2. Under Products window scroll down to Nokia Lumia 822 (RM-845)
3. Under Releases window choose 1532.2108.1244.0003
4. Under Variants window choose your color, in my case for BLack Please refer to the below screen shot :-
Navifirm.JPG
5. Under files window make sure all the files are selected.
6. Click the Download Button
7. Wait for ALL the files to completely download, the FFU file will be 3.95GB in size.
8. When complete, browse to: C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages
9. Create a folder called Products
10. Create a folder called rm-845
11. You should now have a directory like: C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-845\
12. Browse to the NaviFirmPlus folder you extracted
13. Open the FW folder and then the folder of the firmware you downloaded.
14. Copy the entire folder contents and paste it into the C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-845\ directory.

Nokia_Care_Suite_5.0_2012.45.4.5 Directions:
1. Launch Nokia Care Suite
2. Click the Product Support Tool for Store 5.0
3. Click File
4. Click Open Product
5. Choose RM-820 (Nokia Lumia 920)
6. On the bottom left click Programming
7. Click Recovery
8. You should see the firmware you downloaded and copied earlier under the Properties field.
9. Click Start
10. The software will check the package contents, it will fail to find the phone, also may comes up with a popup stating that unable to do recovery or recovery info not available and ask you to reboot and give you a button to click retry hence keep on trying the below steps untill you get succeeded.

Phone Directions:
1. Plug the phone into your PC
2. Hold the Volume Down and the Power button, click RETRY on the Product Support Tools Window
3. After you feel a vibration in the phone immediately release the Volume Down and the Power button and hold the Volume up button.
4. Continue to hold the volume up button, you will see the software say "Rebooting"
5. After about 15 seconds you will see a top NOKIA logo and the software will start flashing the phone.
6. Make sure you have enough power backup on laptop or PC because during the flashing of the phone if any how it interrupts phone may go dead and become like dummy phone : :shocked::shocked:

After its Finishes Flashing the phone it might rebooting couple of times and you should be good to go :excited::winktongue::grin: and keep texting
however i have noticed that after flashing its only left with nearly 10GB of storage.
and its also bit slower then before though barely noticable.........

I hope Nokia and Microsoft will come up with something that can fix the problem without we having to go through all it.

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Other than flashing the phone, is there any solution?? Flashing is a risky process.. if smthng messes up in b/w.. then the ph will be just a plastic rect. brick!!

Hope the next update fixes this, or any othr solution comes up..!!

Karun Thareja

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with SMS. Can receive but cannot send.
I flashed the rom before portico, but still have the same problem. I think I am missing something. if someone can reply to me with their settings on the phone I would be grateful
Please let me know if someone finds a Solution.

shaib20000

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello All

After doing the update for my Nokia Lumia 822 i can no longer send SMS/text messages. i have tried everything. I recieved the second Nokia lumia form verizon the phone worked perfectly, but when you do the update it cause your phone to display a error code 38, and sms/text messages cannot be sent, i can recieved but not send.

Im currently in rwanda (MTN) but my phone is from verizon.

has anyone else experienced this, how can i flash my nokia 822 back to the original firmware?

gamingstill

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
1> download appropriate firmware using Navifirm.
2>copy the downloaded files to the programdata/nokia/pakages/products/
3>put your phone in recovery mode ( press volume down + power until phone vibrates).
4> open nokia care then product support tools, make sure you are in offline mode.
5>select your phone from file>open product after that click on programming>recovery then click on update list. Now you should see your firmware in the list.
6> Now connect your phone already in recovery mode, click on start, then follow on screen instructions.. :)

Vernon Amos

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I have an 822 that i was using on Verizon. I just switched to Ptel today and SMS is working both ways. Ptel is a reseller of T-Mobile service here in the US.

My phone is fully updated and I did not go anything in the settings. It detected the new sim card when I started up and told me it was going to GSM mode.

Sent a few texts and people received them and texted back.

Wish I had some tips on how to make it happen for you guys but I didnt do anything special. The only theory I have is that being on Verizon and updating initially might have something to do with it coz a guy on the T-Mobile forum said he updated to Portico and that solved his SMS problems re being able to receive but not send.

senbobaggins

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I could use viber or whatsapp but, in Ireland 3g coverage is terrible so I would be fairly limited. I'm living in hope that the next update will bring some fixes.

Alexandru Manu

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
That was helpfull.But like you told, i still have the sms issue.
Another problem is that my phone is randomly blocking, and i could not access it until i take the battery out and then put it back to power the device.
We need some updates fast.

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
looks lyk.. all of you have either flashd ur phone.. or using 3rd party apps.. seeing no updates in this thread... Still doubtfull, whether to go ahead with flashing.. :/

vnmese

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
hello every i have updated like you and i also have some problem like you, but when i flash my phone to the old fimware the issue of sms can't be resolved, hope verizon have the new updates for our phones

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everyone, I have a L 822 on Verizon and haven't received the over the air (OTA) notice, on my phone, of the Portico update yet? Thank all of you for your stories. Seems like most of you searched out the update and flashed it to your phone manually?

My phone functions properly now and based on what I've read, I think I'll keep waiting for the notice to come for the OTA update.

The L 822 is a really great phone!

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Dont update my friend!!! portico messes up the sms part... so hold on till we get a fix for this!!

I also came to know that, those who had to flash back to old firmware.. lost a additional 1.5 GB memory.. so my advice.. keep away from the update @ the moment

B.R.
Benny

Kalbethor

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Whats the pros and cons of Flashing your Lumia 822? ,,,, if i flash the devise and the next update fixes this issue will i be able to updated to? ..... i have the same SMS issue.

:unhappysweat:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos