Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

I've been using a lumia 822 in Europe. Its unlocked, originally on Verizon. It was working fine until I updated it with the latest version of wp8 (portico update). Now I can't send SMS whatsoever. I can however receive and make calls and I can also receive sms. Does anyone else have this problem, or any solution? I've hard reset and checked service number but nothing has helped

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts
    I had that issue and had to uninstall Skype and then reinstall it and everything worked normal again.

I saw your idea and i tried that first, but unfortunately it didn't work. I've tried a soft and hard reset but to no avail. I'm hoping this gets some momentum on wpcentral so somebody might figure out a fix. Is there anyway of undoing an update
    Quote Originally Posted by senbobaggins View Post
    Is there anyway of undoing an update
    Not unless you find the original ROM and reflash the device.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

I have the same problem, Nokia 822- internet is good, calling is good, can receive text message just can't send them. I hope this problem gets resolved. Use without Update ?

We could we waiting months for a fix! I've tried all the suggestions, but still no luck

This seems to be a common problem since portico, see these links;

Lumina 822 SMS/MMS PROBLEMS - Nokia Support Discussions

https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/...oredirect=true

I'm using lumia 822 verizon unlocked. Facing the same issue after portico update. I'm receiving all messages, but cant send any. getting SMS ERROR : 10

I'm facing the same problem...I cannot send sms exept for those to short service number,could not connect to internet from sim and the nfc is not working properly.SO : DO NOT make the puerto rico update.BIG Fail for microsoft

I'm also having internet connection prob. from sim too!!! Have a smartphone.. that dont connect to internet and send out sms!! :( really smart........... :(

Please Nokia/Mocrosoft... Bring a fix ASAP.... Lot of people are facing this issue after the portico update...

Hi Alexandru..

1 hot news for you..

I downloaded access point from app store. My carrier was showing inactive in that. Download it and try. My internet connection through sim problem solved, though sms problem still persists!!

Follow the below link and download using QR code.
    http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool...s/td-p/1640082

Let me know, if this was helpful for you.

B.R.
    Benny
    Thanked by:

Nokia Lumia 822 SMS can't send Support | T-Mobile

According to this thread on the TM page, updating to Portico solved this guys SMS problem on T-Mobile.

I think theres also mention of taking the phone off the automatic ie Hglobal mode and manually switching it to GSM mode

Hope this helps

I had the same problem after portico update.Was not able to send sms. I am using 822 in India and what I notice is when I turn on sms delivery message, I get the message that mobile operator cannot send your message(something like that). Now here interseting point is , if I want to message at say +91 1234567890 then the error message from mobile operator says it cannot deliver to #011+91 1234567890 right now. So it automatically adds #011(in my case as prefix) and hence message never gets send. You can verify from your side if that happens.
    As for the solution I flashed the firmware to the original one and now I am able to send sms again.May be older firmware has some bugs, but still I can use call, messaging data with ease now. I still prefer to use these fascilities first. Others like gaming music etc are secondary. I am going to stay on original firmware until something concrete for this problem comes.
    hope this helps you all
    Thanked by:
    hthntts and Amit Jethava like this.

PIN
    No
    ^ please tell me how to flash the old firmware???

Yeah I second that, how the feck do I flash to old firmware??

Tip: How to fix a bricked Nokia Lumia 920 | Windows Phone Central . Follow the instructions and make sure to download firmware matching you phone.

This might also help. The guide is for 920, but on same lines can be done for 822.
    [Guide] How to flash your Nokia Lumia 920
    Thanked by:
    madhi 

im afraid flashing the device will do more (unrepairable) damage. Im now selling my lumia 822 unfortunately, for cheap, anyone interested????

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/221201436781?...84.m1555.l2649

Hi i have also lumia 822 plz help me i can't send sms or can't connect gprs also
    my facebook name : Amit jethava
    plz gelp

There doesn't appear to be a fix just yet. Maybe flash it with a different ROM, like 'Anupam P' said

i too reverted to the old firmware as anupam suggested. now everything works as it should. till a solution is found for portico sms problem, better stick with the earlier firmware or flash it.

downgrade phone to 1532.2108.1244.0003
    install flash files from NaviFirmEx (navifirm downloder)
    download files in one folder
    install Nokia Care suit
    paste files to C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products/rm-845
    change PC & mobile DATE 1/02/2013
    Flash with 1532.2108.1244.0003 verson
    sms freely don't update

I have tried and it really works

Download the following files:

1. NaviFirmPlus 1.7 (new link)
    2. Nokia_Care_Suite_5.0_2012.45.4.5 (new link)

Unzip NaviFirm to a directory of your choice.
    Install Nokia_Care_Suite_5.0_2012.45.4.5

NaviFirm Directions:
    1. Run NaviFirmPlus executable
    2. Under Products window scroll down to Nokia Lumia 822 (RM-845)
    3. Under Releases window choose 1532.2108.1244.0003
    4. Under Variants window choose your color, in my case for BLack Please refer to the below screen shot :-
    navifirm.jpg
    5. Under files window make sure all the files are selected.
    6. Click the Download Button
    7. Wait for ALL the files to completely download, the FFU file will be 3.95GB in size.
    8. When complete, browse to: C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages
    9. Create a folder called Products
    10. Create a folder called rm-845
    11. You should now have a directory like: C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-845\
    12. Browse to the NaviFirmPlus folder you extracted
    13. Open the FW folder and then the folder of the firmware you downloaded.
    14. Copy the entire folder contents and paste it into the C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-845\ directory.

Nokia_Care_Suite_5.0_2012.45.4.5 Directions:
    1. Launch Nokia Care Suite
    2. Click the Product Support Tool for Store 5.0
    3. Click File
    4. Click Open Product
    5. Choose RM-820 (Nokia Lumia 920)
    6. On the bottom left click Programming
    7. Click Recovery
    8. You should see the firmware you downloaded and copied earlier under the Properties field.
    9. Click Start
    10. The software will check the package contents, it will fail to find the phone, also may comes up with a popup stating that unable to do recovery or recovery info not available and ask you to reboot and give you a button to click retry hence keep on trying the below steps untill you get succeeded.

Phone Directions:
    1. Plug the phone into your PC
    2. Hold the Volume Down and the Power button, click RETRY on the Product Support Tools Window
    3. After you feel a vibration in the phone immediately release the Volume Down and the Power button and hold the Volume up button.
    4. Continue to hold the volume up button, you will see the software say "Rebooting"
    5. After about 15 seconds you will see a top NOKIA logo and the software will start flashing the phone.
    6. Make sure you have enough power backup on laptop or PC because during the flashing of the phone if any how it interrupts phone may go dead and become like dummy phone :

After its Finishes Flashing the phone it might rebooting couple of times and you should be good to go and keep texting
    however i have noticed that after flashing its only left with nearly 10GB of storage.
    and its also bit slower then before though barely noticable.........

I hope Nokia and Microsoft will come up with something that can fix the problem without we having to go through all it.

I have same problem, I can send sms to short code (eg 8700) but can't send sms to normal number :(

Other than flashing the phone, is there any solution?? Flashing is a risky process.. if smthng messes up in b/w.. then the ph will be just a plastic rect. brick!!

Hope the next update fixes this, or any othr solution comes up..!!

I'm having the same problem with SMS. Can receive but cannot send.
    I flashed the rom before portico, but still have the same problem. I think I am missing something. if someone can reply to me with their settings on the phone I would be grateful
    Please let me know if someone finds a Solution.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast