Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 11B1P

So all these issues started before the update and the update did nothing to help them.

First thing and most annoying at the moment it when im at home my phone will no longer connect to my wifi automatically without me first turning my hpone off and back on. To go along with that it wont disconnect when im out of range of the wifi and I have to shut wifi off to be able to use the newtwork.

Also, occasionaly i will get the no service symbol until i restart the phone.

I get the green camera screen without having the photosynth installed.

Hard reset didn't help and the only time i talked to verizon didnt solve anything either.

Also I cant view all the emails in my inbox. Yahoo mail.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Have you asked Verizon on whether you can order a replacement device or not?

That is what I'm doing today. I try to fix issues myself if I can but I give up.

Global Posts
    3,322 Global Posts
    Definitely sounds like a defective device! I haven't had any real issues since the last update.

So a little update. I got a new device and after a couple days with it the only problem that is back is apps freezing or shutting down. Good news is though that we have 4g in my area now so that helps when I'm at work.

I guess I'll keep "dealing" with this phone for now.

Global Posts
    1,356 Global Posts
    Let's not "deal" with it, let's see if we can't "fix" it. Dealing with it will only make you dislike the phone and/or the os. And both are excellent.

I recommend a hard reset and put the phone back to factory setting. Then one at a time begin installing your apps. Use each app for a bit before installing another app. Try and localize the app/s that are freezing and shutting down.

It is possible, the replacement is a defective unit as well, but let's hope for the best!

PM me for more details
    madisonjar likes this.

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    Let's not "deal" with it, let's see if we can't "fix" it. Dealing with it will only make you dislike the phone and/or the os. And both are excellent.

I recommend a hard reset and put the phone back to factory setting. Then one at a time begin installing your apps. Use each app for a bit before installing another app. Try and localize the app/s that are freezing and shutting down.

It is possible, the replacement is a defective unit as well, but let's hope for the best!
    totally agree with this! Let us know!
    Thanked by:
    11B1P 

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    My 822 started freezing and rebooting after the update. I found that it happened when the phone was changing data connection protcols. It started regularly occurring on my drive to work when I passed two areas where LTE drops to wither 3G or Edge. I had previously noticed that I always either had an LTE indication, or no data indication at all. I subsequently checked my cellular phone settings and found two settings that caused these issues. My Mode selection was set to "Global" and my data roaming was set to "do not roam". I changed these settings such that the Mode is now "LTE and CDMA" and the data roaming is now set to "roam" - check that your VZW plan allows data roaming where you are using your phone...most plans do.

Since doing this on the 10th, I have not had a single instance of freezing/rebooting, nor a lost data connection. I now see the 3G and 1x indicators in non-LTE areas, where I would lose data altogether before. I highly suspect that when the cellular settings are not as I noted above, that there is a software glitch causing issues when the phone tries to negotiate between the various data connections; i.e. during the hand offs. I could actually cause my phone to crash when I was attempting to start a stream in Pandora when passing through one of these non-LTE areas, and do so regularly. Check the settings in your phone and see if they are set the way mine were, and, if so, try changing them and see if it works for you. It's a simple check and change with no impact to you unless you leave the country.

There is a patch coming for this issues, according to VZW...specifically the loss of data connection and subsequent crashing.