Lumia 822 on AT&T MMS not working

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to get a Lumia 822 running on AT&T. Everything works on 3G except receiving MMS. Calls work, SMS works, but MMS only works outgoing.

Whenever I get an incoming MMS it comes from "Unknown" with "Message not found."

I downloaded the access point app and tried the three preconfigured APNs. I tried setting it up myself with MMS settings provided on the AT&T website.

APN: wap.cingular
No APN username/password
MMSC: http://[COLOR=#666666]mmsc.cingular.com
[/COLOR]Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Proxy port: 80

I've also tried using the APN username and password supplied on the AT&T website and not using the proxy but then sending MMS fails.

wp_ss_20130413_0001.png

Any clue on how to fix this?

weiser159

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm kind of in the same boat except I can't even get data working by using a SIM from an AT&T iPhone 4s. I can only make calls and send/receive texts.

I tried entering the settings above but it wouldn't allow me to save. It seems like it wanted more info. Is there anything else we can do? I'm stumped as to why some Lumia 822's work perfectly and others have trouble, with mine experiencing the most trouble it seems. I really don't want to go to the 820 :(

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't know whether this will help or not, but I stumbled across it the other day while looking for something else:
My Wireless Device

Your wireless device must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations, be certified for use on our network, and be compatible with your Service. Please be aware that we may change your wireless device's software, applications or programming remotely, without notice. This could affect your stored data, or how you've programmed or use your wireless device. By activating Service that uses a SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card, you agree we own the intellectual property and software in the SIM card, that we may change the software or other data in the SIM card remotely and without notice, and we may utilize any capacity in the SIM card for administrative, network, business and/or commercial purposes. If you bought a wireless device for Postpay Service from Verizon Wireless that doesn't use a SIM card, and you want to reprogram it for use with another wireless network, the default programming code is set to "000000" or "123456." But please note that your wireless device may not work with another wireless network, or the other wireless carrier may not accept your wireless device on its network. If you activate a wireless device for Prepaid Service, during the first six (6) months after activation, it can only be used for Prepaid Service. The iPhone 4 is configured to work only with the wireless services of Verizon Wireless and may not work on another carrier's network, even after completion of your contract term.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

Last edited:

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm kind of in the same boat except I can't even get data working by using a SIM from an AT&T iPhone 4s. I can only make calls and send/receive texts.

I tried entering the settings above but it wouldn't allow me to save. It seems like it wanted more info. Is there anything else we can do? I'm stumped as to why some Lumia 822's work perfectly and others have trouble, with mine experiencing the most trouble it seems. I really don't want to go to the 820 :(

ATT has a dumb provisioning system for their LTE. You may have to call in and give them your IMEI. If you're trying to get on the dumbphone plan you might want to get another SIM.

On a side note I can't get my MMS working either but data has been fine with wap.cingular

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon