Lumia 822: Unable to find a bootable option error.

cursesredbaron

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi there everyone, just thought I would post an issue that just occurred with my Lumia 822. My phone has been working flawlessly since I got it and I love this phone like no other I have ever owned until this morning when I went to use it and found the lock screen was LOCKED...........the screen would not slide up and the phone would not power down with the power button so I proceeded to remove the battery and restart. To my amazement and horror the phone booted into a black screen with "ERROR: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down". I have no idea what caused this but I do know that my phone is now nothing more than a paper weight. The phone was working perfectly the night before and I had used it early in the morning to check e-mail and to browse the WPcentral app so I have no idea what caused this. I ran to the Verizon store in the hope that someone there would have a magic wand to wave over the phone and bring it back to life but no luck. They were as stumped as I was and after several attempts at reboots and soft resets with Tech support on the line it was decided they would just ship me another phone. Now all I can do is watch this phone (which was my life line and the best phone I've ever owned) sit here on my desk and continue to reboot into that horrible error message.
I hope no one else has had this issue but maybe there is someone out there who knows what happened. I've included some pictures to prove that I'm not crazy. :cry:

Attachments

• DSC06903.JPG
    DSC06903.JPG
    587.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC06904.JPG
    DSC06904.JPG
    562.5 KB · Views: 25

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Flashing with Nokia Care Suite would most likely resolve the issue but you'd lose your data though that will happen anyway with a replacement phone.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Just had the same thing happen to mine last night. I went to uninstall the Authenticator app and the phone froze. I let it sit for about a half hour, but nothing. So I pulled the battery. When it powered back on, I got the same dreaded "Unable to find a bootable option". I took it to my Verizon store and they ordered a replacement. I just hope the replacement is as reliable as my phone was before this incident.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I did try soft and hard resets to no avail. VZW store was 5 minutes away so I didn't bother with trying to reflash. Replacement phone should be here today. In the meanwhile, I'm enjoying my trusty old Trophy.

natish27

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine Still Worse !

Warning: Screen Images are not stimulated... :wink:

Tried every option..but in vain..
Now just a paper weight...

Attachments

• Photo-0165.jpg
    Photo-0165.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Photo-0164.jpg
    Photo-0164.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 16

RSailer

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
This morning, my phone was unresponsive on the home screen. I tried to power it off but nothing happened. I pulled the battery and now it boots to this message. Any suggestions? I bought the phone from wirefly when it first came out so do I have to go through them to get a new one? I'd rather not be phoneless waiting for a new one to ship to me...

Quick Update: Had to send the phone in to Nokia for a replacement, got it in about a week.

Last edited:

espete

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me too last night.. Stopped by the Verizon store and the replacement will be here tomorrow.. I had great luck with this phone. Never rebooted itself or shut down, my wife's did that but hasn't in a long time.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My wife's 822 just started giving this error about an hour ago, essentially bricking it.

-E

Edit: Verizon's next-daying a replacement

Last edited:

dlvlg

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Same thing just happened to me. One second it was working, as it has been flawlessly for five months, the next it froze.shutdown didnt work, pulled battery, and when i put it back it gave me the exact same message: "Error: Unable to find bootable option. Press any key to shut down."
I love this phone, but what the hell!
I am sure its cuz its a refurb, my brand new one had a micro usb issue in first two months, and they replaced it with a "basically kinda almost new" phone.
great. Reminds me when i had 8 lg chocolates in 6 months.
Nokias hardware is hardly the issue here.
Microsoft needs to get to work

George Walcott

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I got the same message and problem. It just stopped working in month 7 of having the phone. The same troubleshooting steps didn't work. I suggest that all owners update the Lumia App on their PCs and then run the new 'Sync' feature to copy as much as they can as a backup for WHEN this happens (or happens again for us with replacements).:unhappysweat:

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello, Here's what happened to me.

This morning I had alarms set to wake me and they did. When getting ready for work, I picked up the phone and turned it on and through the middle of the screen at mid height, were the words 'resuming' with the chasing dots moving across the screen below it. Puzzeling, but I set turned the phone off and set it down. Later on three different times, the same thing happened each time I would turn the phone on with a quick tap to the on/off button. I decided to try a long tap holdon the on/off button and as a result, the phone was bricked. Nothing I did, would turn the phone on. Yes, you guessed it, then I pulled the battery. Now I have the "ERROR: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to sh
ut down." alternateing with the NOKIA screen every couple of minutes. Thinking back, I wish I would have tried letting the phone set for a few hours rather than pulling the battery.

This has been a wonderful phone for 9 months, but two days ago I installed the GRD2 with Amber. Since then it seemed different. I can't really put it into words. Well, the wifi kept turning off.

I might try Flashing with Nokia Care Suite if I can find a post telling how to do it. Otherwise, Verizon is only 10 minutes away.

Have a Great Day
Kevin

john wilson17

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
well the other day i dropped my nokia lumia 520 in water then got it out in a hurry and dried it off then put it in a bowl of rice. Then the next day tried to turn it on then the screen froze and i had to take the battery out. then just last night i tried turning it back on then the error unable to find bootable device poped up. so then i thought it was done for so i threw it back in the rice and this morning when i woke up i turned it on for the heck of it and it actually came all the way on and now it is working just fine i dont know what happened but now it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3