wireless charging lumia 822

gbafam

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to the Lumia 822 at the end of the month, moving from the pre 2. There is a lot to like about the pre 2, most particularly, its wireless charging system, which was pretty much state of the art when it became available a couple of years ago. I understand the 822 also has a wireless system, but I assume you have to separately buy the appropriate back shell and charging unit. Does it work reasonably well, and does anyone who had the old palm wireless method have any comments on the differences? (It's annoying that you have to pay extra for this, but so it goes....).

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hay gbafam; Welcome aboard ⚓ to WP central its great your getting the 822 Lumia I had this from day one along with the wireless charger plate from Nokia. This was the first wireless charger for me. It's great never had a problem so I would highly recommend this. And the 822 is also fantastic again never had a problem I wouldn't trade it for any other phone. I can from the HTC Trophy and that was a great phone. Anyway good luck with your new purchased.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Think of it as paying separate, not extra. Sometimes decisions are made like that because not everyone wants it and it keeps initial cost down. I have the 920 and I can tell you that the wireless charging works great. I have used it since Nov. with zero issues.

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the charging backplate and also have the trident aegis case which fits fine with it.

I love the wireless charging I have both the plate from Verizon and the stand one from the Microsoft store. It charges well many be not as fast as a plugged in one but still its nice.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I've enjoyed my 822 for six months and I'm not tempted to switch to anything else. The wireless charging has been great.
I've had zero issues so far.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been using a Nokia Qi charger since I got my 822. Works great. I don't regret it one bit. And seeing as I upgraded to my 822 for nothing, buying the charging cover and charger didn't seem like a big deal. The 822 is a great phone, I'm still completely happy with mine.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I also came from the Palm Pre, so wireless charging was essential. The only thing I miss is the magnetized aspect of Touchstone chargers. Aside from that, I love my 822.

mlk4114

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had the 822 set up for wireless charging since getting the charging plate deal here on Windows Phone Central. I also have the Trident Aegis case on my phone. Charges through the case with no problems. Really glad I went wireless. No problems with the phone heating up either, which has been mentioned as a problem for some with the wireless system.

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I use the Energizer dual QI charger to charge two Lumina 822s and zero issues. One has Trident Aegis case and the other a clear silicone case off Fleabay.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I Does it work reasonably well, and does anyone who had the old palm wireless method have any comments on the differences? (It's annoying that you have to pay extra for this, but so it goes....).

Comparing 822 on charging stand to Pre on Touchstone, I see two differences:

1. The Pre was fussy about position ? if it wasn?t in just the right position, it blinked on and off charge, forcing me sometimes to mute the device so it wouldn?t drive me nuts. The 822 on the wireless stand isn?t fussy at all ? it charges in anything close to the right position.
  2. The Pre kept the display lighted when on the Touchstone, making it easy to see notifications. The 822 turns the display on briefly when I put it on the stand, but then goes dark. I?ve been told that?s better for screen life, but I miss the lighted display.
Overall, I love the wireless charging, and have two stands, one for home and one for office.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans