I accidentally deleted an email but it's not in the Trash folder. Help!

rijkard

May 21, 2013
Visit site
So I got an important email 10 minutes ago and in my haste I hit the trash icon by mistake.
The email does not appear in the Trash folder, of course, and since I
deleted it on my phone it will not show up in my Trash folder on my laptop,
of course. Any ideas or suggestions on how to recover an email?
Thanks

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Do you have multiple email accounts merged? Are you sure you're not checking the wrong trash folder?

Or maybe you hit Sync when you had the trash folder open? Your email would disappear for a few seconds while it syncs.

Stides

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Are you using yahoo mail? I believe emails deleted form the phone go to a folder named "deleted messages" instead of the trash folder.

mr.nielsen

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If you're using Outlook, you can log in to outlook.com webmail, and click on the deleted mail folder, and then select the link at the bottom of the screen that says something to the effect of restoring your deleted mail (limit is mail from the last 30 days). Try that.

ntpdba

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I have similar problems with my 920. The phone does not retain any deleted emails, and if I deleted the emails before they also hit my computer, whether its gmail, yahoo or pop mail (I use all three but have not sync them), they are just gone. Think this is a Window Phone problem; only they can fix it. Learnt my mistake the hard way!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss