Still no SMS on T-mobile with Amber

Scott Brazinski

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I've seen a few people say they have SMS working on 3G speeds and up. Mine is still not working on T-Mobile. Maybe I have the settings wrong in access point?

Thanks.

albertdon

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I've seen a few people say they have SMS working on 3G speeds and up. Mine is still not working on T-Mobile. Maybe I have the settings wrong in access point?

Thanks.

So far I don't have problem sending sms on 3G (Amber). Check the FW version. Maybe you are still on Portico. I have to update to portico first (from .0003) before updating again to amber.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
So far I don't have problem sending sms on 3G (Amber). Check the FW version. Maybe you are still on Portico. I have to update to portico first (from .0003) before updating again to amber.

Do you mind posting your APN settings. I may have poor reliability to send messages in part of using the default profile set when I put in my SIM card.

Scott Brazinski

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Well after trying multiple apn settings and testing I can confirm that Mine will only send sms on 2g. Looks like I'll be going back to Verizon once they allow 4g devices on prepaid. Whenever that is.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Well after trying multiple apn settings and testing I can confirm that Mine will only send sms on 2g. Looks like I'll be going back to Verizon once they allow 4g devices on prepaid. Whenever that is.

I also ended up switching but phones. I got an 810, and it ended up costing me $60 or so in the extra expense for the phone with additional fees for switching phones. I like the switch since I have no issues with texting, but I'm a bit saddened about lost features like FM radio and an extra 8 GB of storage from the 822 to 810.

Asith Gamage

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
if u having error cant send error, go back from the thread & press plus button then enter the recipient number manually, then type the message & send, its working with me

nwhitemcse

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
if u having error cant send error, go back from the thread & press plus button then enter the recipient number manually, then type the message & send, its working with me

are you on T-Mobile? I know this issue was resolved for a lot of other carriers, but not T-Mobile. I have poured through forums and tried all the tricks and eventually had to give up and buy a 920 from Ebay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium