Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys! for those who were able to update.

Can you post your observations? Thanks

I thought I noticed the battery getting worse yesterday, but I figured since I just had the update installed it might just be that I was playing around with it way more than usual. To test I charged it fully before I went to bed and let it discharge without touching it overnight. The result: between 11 PM and 6 AM nearly 40% of battery gone. Not cool. I've set it to flight mode, rebooted and set flight mode off again. Fully charged it before work, will be monitoring it again today.
    If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid
    Thanked by:
    fdruid likes this.

Things that help:

• Try a soft and a hard reset.
    • Make sure your WiFi/Bluetooth/Sync/tiles/etc settings haven't changed.
    • Recalibrate the battery by charging the phone to 100%, then discharging it to 0%.

Hard reset isn't really an option I consider unless it's really, really getting out of hand. As for discharging the battery to 0%, that also seems like a bad idea because if you do that too often you'll just ruin the battery

Settings haven't changed other than that I've added double tap to wake and Peek option for Glance. It seems okay now after the flight mode trick, if it happens again I'll do a soft reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Joene90 View Post
    As for discharging the battery to 0%, that also seems like a bad idea because if you do that too often you'll just ruin the battery.
    Don't do it often. It would only damage the battery if people did it every week. The thing is, recalibration only works if the drain-to-zero happens after a charge-to-hundred!

it's at 93% now after 6 hours 29 minutes, so I guess the flight mode did the trick ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Joene90 View Post
    it's at 93% now after 6 hours 29 minutes, so I guess the flight mode did the trick ;)
    Is that the same as "airplane mode"? If it is, I'm not surprised by your results. This feature turns off the radios on the device. You might not get any calls.

My battery life has gone much Better after amber update. Lumia 920 finland, i flashed my phone With NSU

Ya it's airplane mode. Like I said, I switched that mode on, rebooted the phone, then turned airplane mode off again. So it's not on airplane mode right now, I receive texts, calls and emails.
    Thanked by:
    pci2k 

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I installed GDR2/Amber yesterday afternoon. Then fully charged my phone. Removed from charger yesterday around 6pm. I intentionally left it OFF the charger over night. I woke up and it was at 98% charged!! It's now 10:45am, and it's at 89%! I've got wifi and 4G enabled. Two email accounts set to push. I've never had battery life like this with any phone I've had. So far so good!

Oh, and I also have Glance enabled all the time, which I love! I did disable the double tap feature because it didn't seem very responsive. Maybe because my phone is in an Otterbox.
    I too experienced a sharp drop in battery life after the update and a full charge. 100% at 12:00 AM last night to 22% at 7:00 AM this morning.
    I turned off my phone this morning and rebooted it and connected it to a charger. Its 100% now. Will try the Air Plane Mode followed by reboot method now to see if it helps any.
    I just have a few apps enabled for background tasks, LTE and wifi enabled as well.

my battery is working great and i have glance on as well as double tap to wake

as soon as my update was complete (and the phone restarted), i did a soft reset - mainly because my phone was lagging after the update
    i have 84% battery left and have been using it for 5 hours, playing music for at least two hours (FM radio)

Battery life improved a lot for me... post Amber update..

Global Posts
    1,036 Global Posts
    Can anybody help me out as to where to go to see what was included in the GDR2/Amber update?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Go to extras+info in settings. Then, tap on Lumia Amber. It will point to nokia's site.. listing the main features of amber update.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Here's the best site I've found with details about the update:
    What's new in the GDR2 and Lumia Amber Windows Phone updates?
    Thanked by:
    thatotherdude24 likes this.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    I updated yesterday afternoon and I haven't seen any appreciable change in battery life either way. I'm using Glance in peek mode but that's probably about the only difference. I'm happy with the update so far, no complaints.

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    My battery life seems fine, even with glance turned onto preview, 5 hours normal use at 75%.

After the update, I got worried because battery seemed to be draining like an SUV with a leaking gas tank. Shut the phone off and restarted it. At about 45% it seemed to stop the downward spiral. Charged overnight and this morning all seemed to be good. In fact throughout the day it has been as good or better than before the upgrade. In fact it is still at 70% (17 hours later). I'm not a big phone user like some, but that is really pretty good. The only changes I made is to enable Glance on temporary setting. So far very pleased.
    After the update battery is way better than before even with Glance on, Bluetooth so far so good I find the amber update great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shantanu Kongara View Post
    I too experienced a sharp drop in battery life after the update and a full charge. 100% at 12:00 AM last night to 22% at 7:00 AM this morning.
    I turned off my phone this morning and rebooted it and connected it to a charger. Its 100% now. Will try the Air Plane Mode followed by reboot method now to see if it helps any.
    I just have a few apps enabled for background tasks, LTE and wifi enabled as well.
    The above method worked. The phone probably needed just a reboot to get things cranking along efficiently.
    Battery life has been as good as ever if not better. Great job Nokia.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Shantanu Kongara View Post
    The above method worked. The phone probably needed just a reboot to get things cranking along efficiently.
    Battery life has been as good as ever if not better. Great job Nokia.
    Yeah I pretty much did the same thing. The update seemed to chew up some battery (not unexpected, really). But after a full charge and a restart everything went back to normal. I don't think it's any better. But it's not any worse. So seeing as I was satisfied with the battery life, I've got nothing to complain about!

PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by pmhgeneral View Post
    After the update battery is way better than before even with Glance on, Bluetooth so far so good I find the amber update great!
    Speaking of Bluetooth, any sure way of checking if it is 4.0 LE?
    Centralised folder for game data + saves, which in turn is backed upto the cloud.

User voice vote link

Vote here for smart dialing!!!

User voice vote link for smart dialing

Vote for Jen Taylors voice in english speaking countries (my ears are still bleeding after listening to UK version of Cortana ) :
    User Voice link

Forum Thread

battery definitely better.

After one day of poor battery and one day of normal battery, today it started to dive down again so I did a soft reset. So far not very impressed...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast