How to delete maps from phone - Lumia 822

Mandymoo11

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I updated to GDR2/Amber this week. I also installed the Lumia Storage Check BETA app and set the option to install maps to the SD card. I then downloaded the USA map (which took several hours but finally completed) and can now see that the maps exist on both the SD card and the phone. So when I try to delete the maps from the phone, there is only one option to 'delete maps', no option to select from the phone or from SD. When the maps started to delete, it was taking some time so I assumed that it was the SD card maps that were deleting and not the maps on the phone. When I checked the size of the maps, there were 2.7g on the phone and 2.2g on the SD card. I stopped the delete and then re-downloaded the maps to the SD. There is no way to get to the maps on the phone with the computer either so I'm stuck. Does anyone know how to get the maps deleted from the phone without having to delete the maps from the SD card first, or is this my only option?

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Bro did you try resting the device back to factory settings? by doing this, maps will be deleted from the phone and maps on the sd card will be safe.
ONce you are done with the restoration process , again you will have to download storage check beta version - change the map location to SD card - restart your phone. that all.
Let me know if it does not work:smile:

Mandymoo11

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Ugh. That's a rather painfull solution for me, as I don't really want or need to reset the phone back to factory settings. If no one else comes up with a solution, I will probably just proceed with deleting the maps from everywhere (phone and SD) and then re-download to the SD. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Mandymoo11

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I went forward with deleting all maps from the phone and SD and will start the download for new maps tonight before going to bed. Removing the maps (all USA) from the phone freed up 2.7G of space, if anyone is interested.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My suggestion would've been to pull the SD card, then delete the phone maps, then put the card back in. Don't know if it would've worked.

PiotrKu

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
using Lumia Storage Check BETA you have to set the maps back to your phone,
now go to here drive -> manage maps -> delete all (you'll be deleting only maps in your phone)
now set in Lumia Storage Check BETA maps storage back to SD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon