Can 822 screen be set to never lock?

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I use my phone in a Ram Aquabox on my motorcycle handle bars. I use it primarily for GPS, but occasionally like to use the music as well. On my old HTC trophy I could set the lock screen timeout to never, but that option isn't available.

With GPS that isn't a problem because that keeps the screen on, but music players don't (or maybe I just don't have one that does). I can't get to the side button to unlock it, and the double tap feature doesn't seem to work through the aquabox's screen membrane (I have it set to high sensitivity and still no luck, but normal touch commands do).

Is there a way to enable that command (I'm guessing not without some kind of unlocking and hacking that is beyond my level of comprehension), or is there an app that could run in the background and prevent the screen from locking? Or maybe a music player that keeps the screen from locking.

I noticed I can use car dock mode to keep the screen on in the view with the three choices, and I can just go back and forth with that, but if I forget to go back to that screen it locks up.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You can set to never lock easily. Just go to Settings > Lockscreen and at the bottom you can change the screen time out drop down to never.

Hope it works on your device.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
That's what I am saying. Never isn't an option on my phone. I do not have a password enabled either as I have heard that causes that option to disappear.

I only have 30 seconds, 1 minute, 3 minutes and 5 minutes as options

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was afraid of.

I did find a workaround for my needs. I can use the bluetooth on my helmet to start/pause, and change tracks on most programs (on the podcast app I use, it only plays but won't pause)

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes I do. I have read it is due to screen technology in the different phones. AMOLED screens have a tendency to "burn in" an image when left on, where the LCD screens don't. Supposedly Nokia (or maybe the carrier) limits screen lock based on that.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes I do. I have read it is due to screen technology in the different phones. AMOLED screens have a tendency to "burn in" an image when left on, where the LCD screens don't. Supposedly Nokia (or maybe the carrier) limits screen lock based on that.

Ahh that makes sense. Hey at least you have double tap to wake, that should make your problem much more bearable. Best of luck!

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The touch response for double tap seems to be less sensitive than normal touch. It doesn't work through the flexible screen of the aquabox. All other touches do. Oh well I can deal with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos