Update error 801881e4

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a Lumia 822 from eBay. It seems to be in good shape except. The update menu throws up the error seen in the screenshot below. I have binged it and based and search results I changed the time date and time zone and even do this error shows up.
u7uzu9y4.jpg

Help Wp users!

Dev Jaykrishnan

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Just to confirm this is the same problem that I had today, did they specify the size of the update? For me, it came like "An update is available for your device. Please connect to WiFi or use cellular data to download". I did opt for cellular data but it didn't start the download until I connected to a WiFi hotspot. They said the size was 14 MB. But after a couple of minutes, I got the same message you got. From the size of the update, we can rule out any major changes to the device. Has anyone else faced this issue ? WPCentral, help us out !!

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Did you manage to check again and see if things is working as it should? Try with a sim card...just in case...
That seemed to do the trick downloading right now :)

Just to confirm this is the same problem that I had today, did they specify the size of the update? For me, it came like "An update is available for your device. Please connect to WiFi or use cellular data to download". I did opt for cellular data but it didn't start the download until I connected to a WiFi hotspot. They said the size was 14 MB. But after a couple of minutes, I got the same message you got. From the size of the update, we can rule out any major changes to the device. Has anyone else faced this issue ? WPCentral, help us out !!
Never got as far as update size, just asking it to check for updates would throw up the error. Once I inserted a sim card and kept retrying it suddenly started working.

Maureen Brooks

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes, set the date and time!! Thank you!! I was getting the same error on my Lumia 920. I Binged the error number which led me to this forum and henceforth, to the answer! Still no denim update, but the update checker is working again!! Thank you, fellow Windows Phone users! We, the users, can solve anything using our collective knowledge!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium