Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pulserider

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I just picked up a Lumia 822 from eBay. It seems to be in good shape except. The update menu throws up the error seen in the screenshot below. I have binged it and based and search results I changed the time date and time zone and even do this error shows up.

Help Wp users!

Wait for a few hours or day and check again.
    rcazador likes this.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulserider View Post
    Wait for a few hours or day and check again.
    Thanks man. That's pretty much the only option left right now. Just in case this matters I haven't inserted any sim card into the phone so it's not on any carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Did you manage to check again and see if things is working as it should? Try with a sim card...just in case...
    Thanked by:
    Just to confirm this is the same problem that I had today, did they specify the size of the update? For me, it came like "An update is available for your device. Please connect to WiFi or use cellular data to download". I did opt for cellular data but it didn't start the download until I connected to a WiFi hotspot. They said the size was 14 MB. But after a couple of minutes, I got the same message you got. From the size of the update, we can rule out any major changes to the device. Has anyone else faced this issue ? WPCentral, help us out !!
    Gamer, Graphic Designer, Windows Phone fanatic

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulserider View Post
    Did you manage to check again and see if things is working as it should? Try with a sim card...just in case...
    That seemed to do the trick downloading right now :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dev Jaykrishnan View Post
    Just to confirm this is the same problem that I had today, did they specify the size of the update? For me, it came like "An update is available for your device. Please connect to WiFi or use cellular data to download". I did opt for cellular data but it didn't start the download until I connected to a WiFi hotspot. They said the size was 14 MB. But after a couple of minutes, I got the same message you got. From the size of the update, we can rule out any major changes to the device. Has anyone else faced this issue ? WPCentral, help us out !!
    Never got as far as update size, just asking it to check for updates would throw up the error. Once I inserted a sim card and kept retrying it suddenly started working.