Is the Lumia 822 worth getting at this time ?

Seasmy

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey peeps!
As you all don't know , I live in Pakistan ! and this you should know before you read about the problem that i has .
Recently I was hanging around the Nokia Store for the lulz and saw a lumia 822 there and used it and asked how much was it for he said its out of production but i can get a new from old stock with warranty for 18K PKR that about 180$ sounds like a good deal but the thing is that I am waiting for the lumia 730 but the 822 has a better camera ( and I think better specs ) so will it be worth it ? I would be using it for the next 1-1.5 year before I buy a new Lumia ( depending on how my experience with Windows goes ) so will it get the future updates ?

Thanks for reading ! :winktongue:

EDIT : P.S The reason I asked this is because I can't wait for the Lumia 730 , its taking ages ! and my current mobile just sucks and I hate it .

Last edited:

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 822 At this time ?

God only know about future updates. I'm (and whole 822 family) still waiting for OFFICIAL 8.1
My point is about the price. $180... isn't it kinda high?
If you are up to second hand (since you are going to use 822 only for 1-1,5 year) why don't you give a try to ebay? You can find good condition 822 for about $100 there.

Seasmy

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

God only know about future updates. I'm (and whole 822 family) still waiting for OFFICIAL 8.1
My point is about the price. $180... isn't it kinda high?
If you are up to second hand (since you are going to use 822 only for 1-1,5 year) why don't you give a try to ebay? You can find good condition 822 for about $100 there.

See you did not read the thread fully at the first line it says I'm from pakistan so no ebay plus really damn high prices . And I don't trust 2nd hand devices so new is my only option

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

I did read your thread, I just didn't know anything on ebay+Pakistan lol
Then go for new one, dude

jairo4

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

822 is a great device. I just got mine about a month ago and I'm in DP 8.1.1 without issues. You won't be dissapointed if you get a cheap one.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

I think the L730 is more future proof like updates. In the case of the 822 well... you can load the Developer Preview version and get the 822 partially updated, since US carriers (Specially Verizon) takes so long to release firmware updates like Cyan.

Could be much better if you can get the L820 if you expect official updates... other than that, you will be fine with the L822.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

You won't go wrong with the Lumia 822.
I use a Lumia 822 alongside my Lumia 1520 and apart from the 1080p screen, the experience is relatively the same.

Just make sure you update your phone to Window Phone 8.1 through the Preview for Developers program.

gehirnmacht

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
If you gonna get it for 180 $ ,,,,,, it is better to get a new Lumia 920 for 196 $ on aliexpress.com and you may pay some tax for customs ,,,,, here is the link ,,,,,, and this seller is so good ,,,,,, its rating is high and for a pre buy experience with him ,,,,, it is so good indeed ,,,,

It is new with all accessories included with intact box ,,,,,

Hope it helps ,,,,,
By the way the Lumia 822 is sold in the usa for 99$ ,,,,,,, so 180$ is the double ,,,,, :smile:

Sorry cann't post the link for the less posts limitation ,,,,,, I can sent it to you in a message if you want ,,,,,

Last edited:

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
^ If you're into micro SD and removable battery then the 822 is the way to go.

The 920 you may consider also, with a higher screen and better camera

fyrpm

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I just sold my lumia icon on verizon in the usa and went back to the lumia 822. The only real disadvantage is the screen resolution. Battery life is a bit less but on the up side you have the option of carrying a spare battery, adding a micro sd card (apps can be stored on it too), and you get the glance screen. I had an 822 when they first came out (replacing an iPhone 5) and enrolled in the developer program to get current updates. I can't be happier with this phone. Does everything I need and offers more than others. Great phone.

Seasmy

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I just sold my lumia icon on verizon in the usa and went back to the lumia 822. The only real disadvantage is the screen resolution. Battery life is a bit less but on the up side you have the option of carrying a spare battery, adding a micro sd card (apps can be stored on it too), and you get the glance screen. I had an 822 when they first came out (replacing an iPhone 5) and enrolled in the developer program to get current updates. I can't be happier with this phone. Does everything I need and offers more than others. Great phone.
so its a good phone and all , But will it get future updates ?

The_Monarch

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Bought one for my kid for her birthday-- she broke her 820. We are on ATT but the phone works-- the only problem is MS won't let me install DP on this device due to her age, and I can't figure out how to change it (tried logging in to her MS account online and it doesn't give me the option). I don't want to just make her a new MS ID as her Xbox Music Pass and app purchases are tied to the existing login.
Stuck between a rock and a hard place here-- want her to have the good stuff Cyan/8.1 brings but I don't know how to get it outside of VZW getting off their asses and pushing the update, which I don't have much faith in at this point.
Any recommendations I might not have thought of?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
^ Hmmm....
Login to the phone with your MS account first then install DP.
Reset the phone and let her sign in with her MS account. The phone should have 8.1 then.

:> Hope this helps.

Bodeanicus

Banned
Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Great phone. It's still the best bang for the buck in Windows Phone. The only downside is Verizon may not provide Cyan or an official 8.1 update. Battery takes a hit with the DP, but it still makes it through the day.

Factman

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Verizon 822 that I love. It has a broken usb port. I don't see a phone I want to replace it with, so I'd buy a replacement from eBay if I knew it was going to get the cyan update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3