Upgrade to 830 and switch to ATT?

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that's my one worry as well. Coverage. I'm hoping I can trial an 830 for a few days to see what AT&T coverage is like here. Unfortunately Sprint and T-Mo are off the table for me because of poor coverage. AT&T and Verizon are the big dogs around here.

What I did was buy a 520, activated it as a Gophone and forwarded my Verizon number to it. I sampled the network for over a month and had no issues. I travel all over the country (metro & rural) and I've have found no problems with coverage. In fact, I carry a company iPhone that's on Verizon and I haven't been to a single place where it had service and my AT&T 830 didn't.

Last edited:

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
What I did was buy a 520, activated it as a Gophone and forwarded my Verizon number to it. I sampled the network for over a month and had no issues. I travel all over the country (metro & rural) and I've have found no problems with coverage. In fact, I carry a company iPhone that's on Verizon and I haven't been to a single place where it had service and my AT&T 830 didn't.
That good to know. I already have a 520 so I was thinking along those same lines. I can activate it for a month and see what happens. I actually like the form factor of the 520 but I'm pretty sure overall I'll like an 830 more... :smile:

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Just to follow up... I activated my 520 as an AT&T Go Phone for one month and so far the coverage has been great. It's way better at home and at work (5 bars of 4G vs 1 bar of either 3G or LTE on Verizon). It's been comparable everywhere else. A little better, a little worse but useable everywhere I've been so far. And, I'm able to tether with the 520, a perk Verizon wanted another $10.00 a month for. My contract is up in five weeks and so far an 830 on AT&T is looking better and better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb