Update bricked phone

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
The update crashed my phone this morning running DP. The recovery tool did nothing and now the phone wont do anything. It's off and that's that.

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Phone was plugged in and on wifi. Vzw says they should be able to reset it but in the meantime I am back on an old Samsung Galaxy to use. Blech!!!

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Well, first time in a long time I got a competent vzw employee. I guess a second level tech who couldn't fix the issue as the first level tech couldn't either. But she did say a couple things of note. Their very sorry about this especially since this was through no fault of my own and wasn't their software doing it, but it was Nokia. She gave me their number to call as they are closed and offered to go outside the box for me. The first rep was just saying hey you know you're eligible for an upgrade!!! Yay!!! Yes I do know that, but you don't sell anything that works for me and I will be staying with a windows phone. Oh. Well bout Ativ? No you don't have what I want yet and you stopped selling the Icon. Oh, well keep it in mind.
The second level rep though offered to get me into extended warranty if I commit for one year at $3.00 per month she could get me a new 822. So I've been planning on the Icon and have waited and waited for various reasons and would still think I'm going that route, the option of as new, likely refurbed 822 has me intrigued as a holdover until, until, well you know maybe like when the Microsoft Icon with Windows 10 is shipping next year :cool: I don't think can wait it out that long though lol. I really want a bigger screen.

ZombieZoom

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
The update went fine for me. I hope you find what you want but also you should know that the current Lumia line is promised to be updated to Windows Phone 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb