Unexpectedly upgraded to Denim

xPutNameHerex

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
So I had my phone in my pocket for a while, felt it buzz, and I had a toast notification saying "Welcome to Denim: Explore" or something to that like. This shocked me since I don't think Verizon has even released Cyan for any phone. Sure enough, my "Extras and Info" now says I am running Lumia Denim. Has this occurred for anyone else? My phone ran developer preview before, but I had to hard reset it at some point and I haven't set up the developer preview since then. Still on WP8.1.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it is denim. I've heard reports of false positives for denim for some Lumia customers. Not to discourage you but I seriously doubt Verizon would somehow beat all of the other carriers in the us and that the 822 would be the phone that they chose to update first.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me on my AT&T 1520 as well. I saw a post from someone in Finland getting the Denim update after turning off Preview for Developers in its app so I decided to do the same, just in case, despite the fact that I already have the latest preview of the OS. Shortly later, the phone falsely tells me I have Lumia Denim. No update was ever installed though. I'm still on Cyan but it falsely says Denim.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm an AT&T Customer. Not on Verizon. AT&T has been the one to get all the "love" up to this point because they generally are good at getting the roll outs to the customers with updates.

This time, Verizon gets to the punch first. Good job, Verizon. I'm happy for all in the US that are finally getting a long awaited update. It's good for the whole WP ecosystem to see this happen.

Knowing AT&T, they won't be far behind. More than likely, we'll get a nice little Denim gift by or before Christmas. Certainly hope so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills