Denim is Live for 822!

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Not showing up under Settings - Phone Update, but it is in the Software Recovery Tool : v 3051.50009.1446.0.

4.36 GB.

See y'all on the other side!

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
LSRT (It's Lumia Software Recovery Tool now) went flawlessly. Download took about 90 minutes, which for 4+ gigs is max for me. Installation went amazingly quick, and restoring from my backup now.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
LSRT (It's Lumia Software Recovery Tool now) went flawlessly. Download took about 90 minutes, which for 4+ gigs is max for me. Installation went amazingly quick, and restoring from my backup now.
I'm downloading it now via LSRT. I'll report back when I'm back up and running.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Restoring from backup went well...re-downloading apps is taking forever. Almost done though :)

I've been on the DP so not much has changed for me just yet, but at the risk of sounding a tad cliche, it does seem faster...

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
There's even a Developer's Preview update after the official Denim update...

ETA: DP Update takes it from OS version 8.10.14203.306 to 8.10.14219.341

Need the phone for a few so not installing that one just yet.

Last edited:

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure where and how to use this recovery tool.
Maybe I should wait to see if the ota happens.
Is ota easier to get going?
I'm impatient. Probably shouldn't be checking for an update every few minutes.
Just relax.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure where and how to use this recovery tool.
Maybe I should wait to see if the ota happens.
Is ota easier to get going?
I'm impatient. Probably shouldn't be checking for an update every few minutes.
Just relax.

Recovery Tool erases your phone, so you'll have do reinstall a backup afterwards and then go through the hassle of signing back into accounts, replacing apps that didn't reinstall correctly, etc.

I'd just wait another day or two... or a week.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
It should show up OTA eventually so you could just wait it out. The LSRT worked just fine but the download did take awhile. I was on the Dev Preview so I'm not seeing a huge difference either. We'll see whether the firmware makes any difference or not. Got most of my apps reinstalled and everything's working as expected.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I have an 822 that no longer has service as I've switched to AT&T and got the 830, it received the update OTA for 8.1 Update... but not Denim. It still reports Black in "extras+info".

Another 822 that does have Verizon can't find an update at all.

jacob103

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
If you can't install over the air use the Lumia software recovery tool on a computer it will install newest firmware. Just be sure to backup your phone

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
If you can't install over the air use the Lumia software recovery tool on a computer it will install newest firmware. Just be sure to backup your phone

No thanks.

I'd rather wait than spend two hours+ fighting my phone... reinstalling apps that didn't install correctly from the backup/SD card, signing into accounts, checking settings, repopulating my extensive music collection in the Xbox Music app, etc., etc.

PacoSuckr

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Not appears the update. Disable and delete the pfd and change the location because I am currently in Venezuela. I hope appear soon.
Have you seen a better battery performance? more fluently? or improvement in the camera?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have an 822 that no longer has service as I've switched to AT&T and got the 830, it received the update OTA for 8.1 Update... but not Denim. It still reports Black in "extras+info".

Another 822 that does have Verizon can't find an update at all.
My 822 on Verizon wasn't finding anything either so I decided to try the LSRT, which did work without issue. It's a big download as SpaceyO mentioned and can take awhile. I like to do fresh installs when upgrading so reinstalling everything wasn't a deal breaker for me. Anyway everything's working and I've had enough for the night and turned it off. I'll play around with it some more tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3