After Installing Lumia Denim OTA

GeoffBravo

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
The installation took more than two hours and it's a success but there are bugs that i'm encountering.
Missing:
1. Photos(I can access camera roll through Lumia Camera but that's about it)
Icons that are blank:
1. Alarms
2.Calculator
3.Office
4.One Note
5.Settings
6.Wallet
Double Icons:
1. Games (The Green is working but the blank is not)
Not Working(Under Settings)
1.Settings>System>Start+Theme>Start Background(maybe because i cannot access the Photos in my phone)
2.Settings>System>notifications+actions(i'm clicking it but no response)
3.Settings>System>VPN
4.Settings>System>Storage Sense
5.Settings>System>Project my Screen
6.Settings>System>sync my settings
7.Settings>System>language
8.Settings>System>accessory apps
9.Settings>Applications>photos+camera

Do i need to soft reset or hard reset or wait for the stable update? thanks in advance :kiss:

GeoffBravo

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
There are no default apps in SysApp Pusher. After the update, I can't access Photos(with camera roll, albums, videos, favourites, etc.) Do i need to hard reset?

masgoendoel

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
There are no default apps in SysApp Pusher. After the update, I can't access Photos(with camera roll, albums, videos, favourites, etc.) Do i need to hard reset?
may be but you should backup your data first. i am update denim via nokia software update and until now no trouble happened

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
GeofBravo what is the status now?
Bye the way. After the update is finished and you can get in your phone the apps still have to be "reinstalled" by the system. And this will take some time (several minutes).

GeoffBravo

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I also notice that data sense is also missing. I'll hard reset my phone now and i will post here if the hard reset works or the problem still persist.

3WildBerries

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I have this exact same problem. Had to install the Lumia camera...can access photos but cannot share them through that app. I can only share if i open the OneDrive app. VERY frustrating!! Please let me know if you've had any success.

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Reading text messages via Bluetooth over the car radio stopped working with the official update. It was fine while the phone was on DP. Weird but I have moved on to and an Icon and new challenges.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My veteran 822 surprised me by updating itself overnight from Developers Preview to Denim. So far I've seen no problems. Have these issues persisted even after resetting the phone?

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Since the Denim update the device has a hesitating sort of jerking condition to the screen image when moving from one thing to another. Not a huge problem but very noticeable.

Dan Whitmarsh

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
My phone updated last night, and I have the exact same problem. The onboard camera disappeared. I installed Lumia camera and it seems to work, but I still can't access my pictures.

pedalman56

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Since update work email has stopped synching, screen freezes, takes multiple attempts to shut down and restart, essentially no notifications on glance screen, looonnnng periods of 'resuming' and bluetooth failures. Haven't done a factory reset yet for fear of losing some things. Growing a bit frustrated at this point.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I've never done a factory reset but it went well. Didn't lose anything as far as I can tell.
So far my 822 has stopped stuttering between pages.
Be sure to know your password to get WiFi or the apps won't reinstall.
After the reinstall and backup is complete it retains all other settings.
Even the tile placement and size.

I had some tiles with cut and pasted information (using my-tile pro) that did not backup. It was back on the tile itself but it wasn't in the app anymore.
It was things I saved to a tile for review from time to time. Not a big deal. If I really want to save something forever I could cut and paste it into one note.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)