Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By AngryNil
  • 1 Post By tommikovski
  • 1 Post By a5cent

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    The nokia lumia 830 was leaked today, and it looks to be quite a fantastic looking device. here is a link
    Nokia Lumia 830 leaks in China | WMPoweruser

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    Now before Winterfang arrives: WMPoweruser, staying true to its unprofessional, pathetic self, decided to resize an image so the phone looks fat.

Real side profile:

http://www.wpdang.com/wp-content/upl...umia-830-4.jpg
    a5cent, vp710 and Cellus13 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryNil View Post
    Now before Winterfang arrives: WMPoweruser, staying true to its unprofessional, pathetic self, decided to resize an image so the phone looks fat.

Real side profile:

The screen looks to be set wrong. Its raised on top and flush at the bottom. Splitting hairs I know.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryNil View Post

Real side profile:

I'm missing the joke...
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeyphyst View Post
    I'm missing the joke...
    That's because it's not a joke. AngryNil (hey, he's back!) is just saving Winterfang and all of us some time by preemptively striking down a nonsensical critique that was otherwise sure to come.

Quote Originally Posted by a5cent View Post
    That's because it's not a joke. AngryNil (hey, he's back!) is just saving Winterfang and all of us some time by preemptively striking down a nonsensical critique that was otherwise sure to come.

but the image in the article isn't altered. his "fixed" image is the one that is altered to make the phone seem thinner than it is. So, he seems to be acknowledging that the phone is thick but he doesn't want to hear about it, but the phone doesn't appear thick in the original image either, so is he saying the phone isn't thick but Nokia haters will claim it is anyway, an allusion to the "920 is a brick" whiners? But he also claims that wmpoweruser is biased against Nokia and altered the image with some nefarious motivations, but it isn't a particularly anti Nokia site as far as I know, so is he poking fun at the people that constantly claim all the websites are "so anti WP", especially in regards to the 920 brickgate scandal? And does this mean that he feels those reviews have a valid point in the claims of the unbearable, unforgivable weight of the 920? I just don't get what his intent was, I'm just not getting the joke...

Global Posts
    2,803 Global Posts
    Now see this is what I'd buy: an 8x made by Nokia
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    Now see this is what I'd buy: an 8x made by Nokia
    I think the phone image is correct in wmpoweruser site.. Pls check the fingers.. i think they are elongated in your image and it looks fine in the wmpoweruser site.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    OMG! HTC, Nokia TOTALLY STOLE YOUR TRADE DRESS! Call Apple's lawyers and SUE SUE SUE! /s

Looks nice.

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    My beef isn't with "bias" from WMPoweruser, it is with the site's general lack of professionalism. I didn't post on their site.

I might have jumped the gun, since they cite two sources. WPDang is one of them and indeed has a more spaced out image, while the other source is where WMPU sourced the image from.

Global Posts
    2,148 Global Posts
    If it has a 4" or less screen and the same CPU/RAM/GPU as the Lumia 820, that's my phone! All the rest of the phones out there are too large or too dumbed down (HTC 8S) for me.
    Lumia 635

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Surprised no one has said anything yet...but this looks almost identical to the iPhone 3G/3GS.

Global Posts
    1,591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    Surprised no one has said anything yet...but this looks almost identical to the iPhone 3G/3GS.
    From what angle? Side? Possibly. Front, no. Much tighter corners from the front view.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    From what angle? Side? Possibly. Front, no. Much tighter corners from the front view.
    if you took the chrome lip off the front of the 3GS, it would look remarkably similar.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    if you took the chrome lip off the front of the 3GS, it would look remarkably similar.
    LOL dude what you smoking????

You just answered a two year old thread ;)
    hasasimo likes this.

Damn lol

Didn't realise these old threads got moved into the new 830 section.
    Yep, closing this now
    Thanked by:
    Guytronic likes this.