Lumia 830 Bugs + Defects

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
You know, I can see some ripple effect if I press pretty hard. Never pressed this hard before, never will do... But I see your point, if it eats you it eats you :)

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I even grabbed my 6 years old Nokia 5800 and showed it up to her (yep, i passed from a 5800 to a Lumia 930, big jump :) ) .

Maybe it's because you moved from a resistive touchscreen to a capacitive one... My mother also used to press harder to use her new Samsung, but now she got it. Thinner phones (like 830) has a screen closer to the glass and it requires less pressure to get "ripples".

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi there. I have found something really suspicious on my Lumia 830. At the bottom edge of the screen, the backlight of the capacitive buttons is seen bleeding from b/w the edge and the metal frame. I couldn't take its picture as it doesn't appear in it. Please anyone on this thread check it with your 830 and tell me if it is common defect or it is unique to me.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hmm... then it's ok. Mine is little more than 'barely'. It appears all the time and frustrates me. That's because this is the second 830 I've bought and the previous one had its screen popping out of the frame. This one too has the defect but a little. But the backlight problem is fueling my worries :unhappy:

I won't opt for another replacement as the 830 has already vanished from almost every store here!

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Sadly my 830 is heading off to MS for repair (UPS collected on Friday) as it kept randomly rebooting, sometimes with me using it, sometimes without. After I installed WhatsApp (probably unrelated) it went into an uncontrolled reboot sequence, where only a Hard Reset using the buttons would work. Very annoying!

Spoke to MS, they suggested using the Recovery Tool, nope, an hour later it started rebooting again.

Hopefully it's something they can either fix or give me a replacement.

On another note, I don't have the back cover falling off issue, however my Nokia logo is rubbing off.

I might wait for the new Win10 phones and swap out then. Bit disappointed with the build quality of the 830. Previously had the 820, and before that the 520, both had no issues.

G.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
my Nokia logo is rubbing off.

Is that logo simply printed on the back cover? May be. Because, there are many users reporting that thing.

Other than that, the logo on the front is too dim to appear in low light. My friends, not aware of this phone, always ask about its manufacturer. Feels really annoying. It's Nokia man!!!

And msft might just flash your phone and give it back. They probably won't replace it due to software issues. And they never ask their customers to flash their phone themselves; except for Windows 10 ;)

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
"Oh, and for future reference, lack of Qi on AT&T models is not a bug."
I bought an 830 yesterday. Qi charging right out of the box, both the black and the green cover.

Will Chellam

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
My 830 has just developed a 4mm vertical stripe about 25mm long down the top right edge of the screen - most visible on a white background as an orangey yellow discolouration... not very happy with that..... I also get the sound distortion, normally when my alarm goes off in the morning and it's on the microsoft / nokia charging plate - only happened about 4 or 5 times in 6 months though, sounds like the world is ending when it wakes you up.....

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I noticed something weird recently. The screen remains active to touch for one second at least after I've turned off the screen. So let's say I'm in my song playlist and turn off the screen and then immediately click somewhere on the screen, it identifies it and changes the song! Is any one else facing the same? I just seems like a very weird bug and I can't remember if it was present from the beginning.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
As with a few other Lumias, the alarm volume on the 830 is very low. So low that I have to keep it under my pillow. I used to prefer keeping my previous phone on the desk beside my bed as it was sufficiently loud. But I cannot do that with my 830, sadly. :unhappy:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
As with a few other Lumias, the alarm volume on the 830 is very low. So low that I have to keep it under my pillow. I used to prefer keeping my previous phone on the desk beside my bed as it was sufficiently loud. But I cannot do that with my 830, sadly. :unhappy:

Damn bro, you're one heavy sleeper :winktongue:. Wish I was too! :eck:

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I posted in another section, but the back of my 830 just pops off. I'm checking it all the time now to be sure it's snapped on. Can't return it, the time period expired. Personally, I don't like the phone. The back coming off is the biggest issue I have.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I posted in another section, but the back of my 830 just pops off. I'm checking it all the time now to be sure it's snapped on. Can't return it, the time period expired. Personally, I don't like the phone. The back coming off is the biggest issue I have.

My wife has a case on hers that seems to keep that from happening... I think the brand is orzly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb