Black Lumia 830

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have the black L830 yet? Reason I ask is that I am wondering if the black frame is paint on aluminium or is the black colour the whole way through. I am thinking of ordering black but if the frame is only painted black I will go for silver. Appreciate the help on this.

nemmiesis

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Nope frame is black To. I have the black one and don't know if it is painted or whole way. But I do know after 2 weeks mine is still as is come out of the box. Nothing to see on the black frame.

Dustmills

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The metal is likely anodized, so the dye would be part of the exterior layer. How durable the colour is would depend on how thick that anodized layer is. I'm sure it would stand up to normal daily use just fine.

lawrencepepper

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 930 in black which also has the black anodized aluminum sides just as the 830 does.

Have had it for over a month now and it still looks new. I do not use a case.

The phone is used heavily over weekends but lightly during the week as I am at work sitting at a desk wondering why....

L

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
It's a coating. My 930 is three weeks old and some of the coating had come off in the upper left side. Don't know if I scratched it with my keys or what. No other problems with the phone though.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The metal frame on the 830 is actually a dark grey, as opposed to black on the 930/Icon.

I can't speak to the durability of the coating on the black 830's frame given how new it is, but on the black 930/Icon it appears to be less than stellar. I've mentioned this in the 930 forum once or twice... I've seen the black Icon on display here in the states countless times, and almost every one I see seems to have a scratch-looking blemish somewhere on the frame that reveals the original color of the aluminum. I thus recommend against getting a black Icon/930, but I don't know if this was fixed/improved with the 830 or not.

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmm, not sure on black now specially if it is not really black. Wanted it because it would fuse into the black screen better. Please update us on this thread on how the black / grey sides make out with scratches etc. I had hoped the colour was all the way through :-(

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm, not sure on black now specially if it is not really black. Wanted it because it would fuse into the black screen better. Please update us on this thread on how the black / grey sides make out with scratches etc. I had hoped the colour was all the way through :-(

hahah, You can't have everything good from both polycarbonate and aluminium in one material :wink: nevertheless the black 830 looks GORGGGEOUSSS!! Maybe a little on the iPhone 5 side, but still gorgeous.

ETA: Aaand after I cracked my 920 this morning AGAIN (repaired last month!) I ordered one today :cool:

Last edited:

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, I got the black 830 at the weekend and it is gorgeous; its all I can say. Coming from the L720 I thought it might be a little too big but no, its just the right size. And its so thin and light. The screen is fantastic too with clear black. And, as for the processor, I just don't know what all the shouting is about that it is too slow. The 830 opens apps etc very speedily and I have no concerns on that front. All in all a fantastic phone so far. Now to get the orange back plate!

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, I got the black 830 at the weekend and it is gorgeous; its all I can say. Coming from the L720 I thought it might be a little too big but no, its just the right size. And its so thin and light. The screen is fantastic too with clear black. And, as for the processor, I just don't know what all the shouting is about that it is too slow. The 830 opens apps etc very speedily and I have no concerns on that front. All in all a fantastic phone so far. Now to get the orange back plate!

My sentiments exactly!

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, a little late reply. I own a black 830 for almost a month now. Once my Lumia fell inside my car in between the seats and the side got a small scratch. The impact was so meagre that I sadly discovered that the side aluminium is having just a black coating :( :(
Now that you have already bought one, I advice you to buy a protective case too to keep your black 830 as sexy as ever..

Last edited:

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, a little late reply. I own a black 830 for almost a month now. Once my Lumia fell inside my car in between the seats and the side got a small scratch. The impact was so meagre that I sadly discovered that the side aluminium is having just a black coating :( :(
Now that you have already bought one, I advice you to buy a protective case too to keep your black 830 as sexy as ever..

Thank for the info and sorry your has gotten damaged already, I will be careful!! If you know of any good and thin protective covers let me know and I will get one. But, I don't want to spoil and hide those good looks with a cover tho :) its a truly gorgeous phone and all my friends are asking me what is it!!

Just got the orange charging cover this morning and fitted it; really looks well against the black surround. Think I might get the green as well now!!

Attachments

• WP_20141113_002.jpg
    WP_20141113_002.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • WP_20141113_001.jpg
    WP_20141113_001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member