Will Expandable Storage on 830 help Battery Life?

At the beach

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920 on AT&T, and my contract is expiring next month. I am debating moving to the Lumia 830, but am a little worried that it won't be a true upgrade, and that I may regret it before my next 2-year contract is up. I have absolutely loved the 920, my only real issue has been battery life, which has been a little less than I would have liked. I ended up turning off location services nearly all the time to preserve the battery (it drains it pretty quick), so I havent really been taking advantage of Cortana. Also, from time to time using the internet the phone will get hot and the battery will drain quickly. The problem has gotten worse recently, and the phone has gotten a little laggy, which coincided with me filling up the 32GB storage. My question is: If I were to expand storage to 64 or 128GB, could this help the battery life or the lagginess? Put another way, does having no remaining storage on the phone affect its performance and battery life?

Thanks!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Storage should have a negligible effect on battery life.

Performance might suffer if there isn't much breathing room however.

But there isn't going to be much of a noticeable boost if your 920 suddenly had more space per se.

adinos

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Chris_Germany: Can you please explain "Battery life is very good"? I like to upgrade from 920 to 830, but battery life is a very important thing for me :) Thanks

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a hard time seeing any improvements to battery life with a bigger storage let alone an expandable extra storage. With that said most users of the 920 who has take then plunge report better battery life on the 830. Under full usage conditions the 830 has atleast an hour more of batterylife then the 930 (yes the 930, haven't seen reports/tests yet between 920 and 830), more so in standby/light usage.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a hard time seeing any improvements to battery life with a bigger storage let alone an expandable extra storage. With that said most users of the 920 who has take then plunge report better battery life on the 830. Under full usage conditions the 830 has atleast an hour more of batterylife then the 930 (yes the 930, haven't seen reports/tests yet between 920 and 830), more so in standby/light usage.

Screen alone makes sense, there's less to power up on the 830 than the 930.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Chris_Germany: Can you please explain "Battery life is very good"? I like to upgrade from 920 to 830, but battery life is a very important thing for me :) Thanks

What else shall I say? Its the best battery life I've ever had in a phone. If you would read some reviews...well...!

Joe Dubya

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
What else shall I say? Its the best battery life I've ever had in a phone. If you would read some reviews...well...!
Same here - best battery life I've had in 3 years, L830 on at 8 AM today, lots of music, photos and surfing today, no movies, 820pm the 20% came on. Hooray, a phone that lasts through the day (last phones L920, iPhone 4s, BB torch)

Joe Dubya

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

So far I'd say at least two to four hours, 20% warning comes on at 7-8pm, first week of use, vs4-5pm for my L920

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I woke up 11am, spent a lazy day, then lots of whatsapp (battery killer), facebook, sms, calls, pics, some browsing, some maps, in the pub, no WiFi, underground, slept with a girl (still no WiFi), woke up 2pm, came home at 5pm and had about 40% left. That's more than I need... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes