On my Lumia 830 RM-895 why does the prototype feel so laggy?

Papirul

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 830 RM-895 Prototype feels laggy

So I bought the ebay prototype Lumia 830 phone and it works pretty well but there is some details that I feel that are not right. For example on the start screen if I pull to the left so I can see the app list, the phone laggs like half a second. Swipping up and down is perfect. Also if I am inside an App and I go to start menu tapping the windows logo, the animation where all the tiles come up also lag an looks laggy. I feel a bit of lag when going to the camera aswell as when using apps.
Do you guys think it is normal? Is it a Hardware issue or do you think it will be fixed with an update.
Thanks for your help.

Gaming Life

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 RM-895 Prototype feels laggy

Mine kinda has an issue like that to but not lag. If I scroll fast on any app or start screen text becomes a bit jittery like the screen shakes a bit... Any ideas?

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Try unpinning Cortana. Not sure why that would cause it but it takes 5 seconds to try.

Papirul

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

I tried with no luck. I also unpined photos, store, people and other tiles and it kept lagging when scrolling from left to right.
Thanks for the idea :D

Papirul

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

I guess it is up to date. It says Lumia Denim and it used to say Lumia Debian Red.
The Manufacturer name says: RM-985-1007 if that helps... :D

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

I was having some similar issues as well. I flashed the current firmware and don't have the issues anymore. Unless you've already flashed the current firmware from Nokia Care Suite, I think, you're going to continue having problems.

Papirul

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

Ooohhh that sounds promissing. I have tried to flash my device but as it says it is a prototype, the Nokia Software recovery Tool says that there is no aviable software for my phone. But I hope over time nokia will release an update for my phone. Did you use a different method to flash your device?
Thanks!

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

If you guys watch Daniel's 830 video on WPC there's a lag in returning to the start screen as well. Seems like a common problem with 8.1 and the weak SD400 SoC doesn't help

lorenzattractor

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

If you guys watch Daniel's 830 video on WPC there's a lag in returning to the start screen as well. Seems like a common problem with 8.1 and the weak SD400 SoC doesn't help

I think it's a problem after the update that brings folders. My Lumia 925 was lag free up until before this one update. And I've read of different users experiencing the same lag after the update. Not sure if users with S800 and above are experiencing the same issues.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Ooohhh that sounds promissing. I have tried to flash my device but as it says it is a prototype, the Nokia Software recovery Tool says that there is no aviable software for my phone. But I hope over time nokia will release an update for my phone. Did you use a different method to flash your device?
Thanks!

I used the method on page 7, 8 and 9 on the thread titled "I have the 830" It tells you how to search for the firmware and everything.

Papirul

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Guys. I will give it a shot and post after I complete flashing the phone. THanks!

Papirul

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi!
So I flashed my phone and all and it wasnt lagging anymore :D. Then I did a hard reset and restore all my apps and everything and the lag started again. Maybe the reason was that I was having too many apps on the start screen or maybe the background image that I am using is using too much memory. Anyways It was a good move to flash my phone because now I have Glance. So thank you everyone!

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

My prototype works great! I wish I got tethering to work though. I'm on cricket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3