Question about the lighting up of Capacitive Buttons on NL830

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi all...

I just got a Nokia 830. Excellent phone, btw. The only thing is that the capacitive buttons don't seem to light up (I am comparing this to my previous phone which was a Nokia 720). I tried to look for a relevant setting but did not find it.

Could you folks please tell me if (1) the buttons are supposed to be lit when used or (2) the buttons are not lit by default and that that is the way they are supposed to be?

Thanks in advance.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
the capacitive buttons turn on when it detects if its low light. if its bright outside the buttons don't turn on and if its dark then the turn on

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
The buttons have light sensitive settings, in full sunlight they turn off, indoor lighting and they are usually full on and then they decrease in luminocity the darker it gets around the device, they are independant of screen backlight so as far as i know there is no way to set the backlight on them manually (unless there is some hidden setting in a weird place)

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys! It works just as you described it. I am really liking the L830 - well, today is the second day that I have owned it. The only niggling worry I have it about the battery life. But perhaps it will improve after a few charge cycles. Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99