Nice case to make the phone more comfortable to hold?

bachansoo

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I like the phone for the most part, but I'm coming from a Lumia 620 so this phone feels big. The edges are kind of sharp so it digs into the hand when you're holding the phone. As well, the sharp edges/corners are a bit worrisome for someone like me who keeps their phone in their pocket as I feel it'll thin out or create holes in my pants over time.

Are there any good cases that are thin and light, look minimalistic, but help round out the edges and corners?

bachansoo

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I also see an incipio case on at&t's site. It seems to be an at&t exclusive, as I can't find it anywhere else. Looks like a nice case, but there's only one image of the case. Anybody buy this?

BCH

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
For $7, it's fantastic. The only knock is that it makes the volume rocker just a little less responsive. The power and camera buttons seem unaffected, though. It improves grip three-fold.

I have the white back and my wife has the orange bank. Doesn't seem right to cover them up with a case.

Incipio has a new Octane case "coming soon" on their website. That looks like the long term play.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I also see an incipio case on at&t's site. It seems to be an at&t exclusive, as I can't find it anywhere else. Looks like a nice case, but there's only one image of the case. Anybody buy this?

I did. I got the transparent one, but they also had black and green. I'm loving it and would definitely recommend it.

bachansoo

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I did. I got the transparent one, but they also had black and green. I'm loving it and would definitely recommend it.

Would you be willing to post pics? I'm eyeing the transparent one, but I'm trying to figure out what it looks like exactly. It's hard to tell from one low quality pic of the back.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
thanks folks. Got two L830s today and was looking for cases. this is a good start. I will wait until the price for the Incipio drops at least to $15 somewhere. I liked the Incipio cases for our L920s. Going for the clear ones on Amazon first.
Also looking for screen protectors. if anybody has tried some let me know. I typically don't like the soft rubbery ones (e.g. from Skinomi). Has anybody tried the glass type screen protectors?
Amazon.com: Nacodex? - Nokia Lumia 830 9h Hardness Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Real Explosion-proof [ New in Box ]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I usually go for the OEM cases, but all nokia has are those back covers and flip cases. I ended up picking up the Incipio NGP Ultra cases, they feel comfortable in the hand, stylish with the strips in the back, they come in black, green and white.
accessories-4886c-100x160.png
accessories-4827c-100x160.png
accessories-4878c-100x160.png

Incipio has these "Octane" cases coming soon:
incipio-nokia-lumia-830-octane-case-frost-black-b.jpg

incipio-nokia-lumia-830-octane-case-frost-black-a.jpg

incipio-nokia-lumia-830-octane-case-frost-black-d.jpg

incipio-nokia-lumia-830-octane-case-frost-black-c.jpg

More info:
Octane Co-Molded Impact Absorbing Case for Nokia Lumia 830 | Incipio

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if these cases Work with wireless charging?
I went to the ATT store today to purchase the black Incipio case that bachansoo mentioned above. It fits the 830 very well and the buttons work great. You pay a premium for good quality.

The case seems thick enough to prevent damage (not just eye candy). It protects the front with a slight overlap on the sides (the screen doesn't touch the surface you lay it down on).

Unfortunately, they only had two black cases in store. I will probably purchase the clear one online.

My wife is very happy with the case. She thought the phone by itself was too slippery for her.

Wireless charging works without issues as I expected.
cheers

WP_20141110_003.jpgView attachment 87094WP_20141110_006.jpgWP_20141110_007.jpgWP_20141110_008.jpgWP_20141110_009.jpg

Last edited:

bachansoo

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I went to the ATT store today to purchase the black Incipio case that bachansoo mentioned above. It fits the 830 very well and the buttons work great. You pay a premium for good quality.

The case seems thick enough to prevent damage (not just eye candy). It protects the front with a slight overlap on the sides (the screen doesn't touch the surface you lay it down on).

Unfortunately, they only had two black cases in store. I will probably purchase the clear one online.

My wife is very happy with the case. She thought the phone by itself was too slippery for her.

Wireless charging works without issues as I expected.
cheers

snip

Thanks for the pics. It does look like a solid case. I'm beginning to wonder about the white/transparent case. It seems more like the case is white. Which part is transparent... the stripes?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
thanks folks. Got two L830s today and was looking for cases. this is a good start. I will wait until the price for the Incipio drops at least to $15 somewhere. I liked the Incipio cases for our L920s. Going for the clear ones on Amazon first.
Also looking for screen protectors. if anybody has tried some let me know. I typically don't like the soft rubbery ones (e.g. from Skinomi). Has anybody tried the glass type screen protectors?
Amazon.com: Nacodex? - Nokia Lumia 830 9h Hardness Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Real Explosion-proof [ New in Box ]: Cell Phones & Accessories

I don't have an 830, but I did buy a screen protector from Nacodex on Amazon for my 1020. Basically, as long as the edges of the 830's glass aren't curved, you shouldn't have any issues (there's an ugly air gap around the sides where the screen protector has lifted from the curved edge of the display)

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the pics. It does look like a solid case. I'm beginning to wonder about the white/transparent case. It seems more like the case is white. Which part is transparent... the stripes?

I just ordered a OEM white back battery cover and that white incipio case to match. The whole case is transparent with a frosted tint:
wp_20141110_10_55_31_pro.jpg
(Black/smoked incipio case)

bachansoo

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered a OEM white back battery cover and that white incipio case to match. The whole case is transparent with a frosted tint:
snip
(Black/smoked incipio case)

Hmm... that looks a lot more frosted/white than transparent. I was hoping for more transparency. Oh well, I'll get the terrapin clear case from amazon.

Thanks for the pics and everyone's input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3