[L830] Wifi quits working?

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having this? Wifi shows connected but isn't. Turn off wifi and turn it back on and it no longer finds any networks. Gotta reboot the whole phone to fix....

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yea that fixes it, but I've had to do it 3x in the last couple days. Was wondering if phone hardware issue, or driver/software glitch. Seems like software

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Do you have the rm-985 prototype version? Also, I've got the Microsoft Band with it as well. I started noticing it after I got the band so I don't know if noticing it after that is just a coincidence or has something to do with it.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Do you have the rm-985 prototype version? Also, I've got the Microsoft Band with it as well. I started noticing it after I got the band so I don't know if noticing it after that is just a coincidence or has something to do with it.

No I have the AT&T version, but it's funny you mention the Band - I have it also...

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you notice it after you got the band or did you get them at the same time? I'm still having the problem. I had to restart my phone today lol

sirgrant618

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem here. I'll leave my apartment and be halfway across town and it'll still say it's connected to my home network. Very frustrating. Turning airplane mode on and off fixes it, but there's no way of knowing when it disconnects from wifi without manually checking. It's very frustrating.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Having the same problem here. I'll leave my apartment and be halfway across town and it'll still say it's connected to my home network. Very frustrating. Turning airplane mode on and off fixes it, but there's no way of knowing when it disconnects from wifi without manually checking. It's very frustrating.

Yes, that's how I notice it's not working as well. There's no way I'm connected to my office wifi when I'm driving down the highway! Do you also have the Band?

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Then maybe it has something to due with bluetooth or maybe multiple devices connected to bluetooth because I also have sync in my car and it won't detect the phone until I restart it...

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So I notice it's Bluetooth and wifi, they both just stop working but unless you check they still appear to be connected. This is getting annoying. I have to turn airplane mode on and off multiple times a day to fix.... Argh

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if it's hardware or software issue. Hardware it's easy to get a replacement phone.... Software we gotta wait for a patch

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have had issues with this recently as well. I will be at home, then randomly, WIFI says 'No Internet'. I restart my phone and its fine again. I do not have the MS band, but I do use a Fitbit Flex - which never seems to be connected, unless I go into the app and refresh it. I have the All-Day Sync on, but im not sure what its actually doing.

lunchboxwarrior

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar problem, my wifi works at home, but once I get to work it cannot find the networks there without a reboot. I also have a fitbit force, but it connects most of the time and car bluetooth connects fine as well.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I do think it has something to do with the radio that is used for both Wifi/Bluetooth - my guess is it's a driver issue that they need to update.

JasonSCarter

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have been having WiFi issues as well. My Data Sense live tile has reported a increase in data usage with this problem happening. Says I'm connected, but in WiFi settings it says no networks available. Turning off WiFi and back on does nothing. Have to restart or toggle Airplane mode to get it to come back. Happens every few days. Has to be a software issue. Older post here and one I saw on a Nokia forums indicates its happening to quite a few people. I don't have WiFi sense turned on in my case.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had that problem with my 830 also. I ended up resetting my phone and loaded backup and so far after almost a couple weeks it's been fine. My gf also with an 830 is getting the issue too and without her knowing has been eating up her data plan. I wanted to avoid resetting her phone. To note we both also have Bands as well.

I wonder if it's a 830 issue or other Lumias having the same prob or is it a Denim prob?

Last edited:

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
had the problem too but it was resolved by updating to latest developer preview release. Haven't had a single wifi glitch or random reboot since then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism