How long is MS going to make us wait for Lumia Camera?

Ryan Burke

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Call me old fashioned, but when you demo these cool camera features with tons of speed that lumia has never really had before, and get everyone super excited... You're phone should probably launch with access to those features.

Withholding the demin powered camera app for Rubino-knows what reasons is a little baffling.

Crazy theories:
They're purposely holding back the Lumia Camera app because it's not living up to the hype, and AT&T fears mass returns - so they are dragging it out past week 1 purchase return windows, lol ;)

Something in the coming DP update is needed for Lumia Camera to work properly.

Thoughts?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it will be released once Denim is ready for everyone?

Just a thought. I know it's a pain to wait but it is MS and WP after all.

Ryan Burke

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Maybe.

But think of how nice it would be to demo that speed and those features to potential WP customers? Might sell some 830's that way.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Can they do anything right though?

They show something early, people moan they don't want to wait.

They don't show something till its ready, people moan that nothing interesting is happening.

With WP they seem to not get it right. It's called announcing something and then giving a date for it when it's ready. Simple. Unfortunately they can't seem to figure this out so you get people upset both ways. That's really the issue. It's not that hard.

I'll keep my opinions of the Band release to myself as others have hinted that I might be ranting too much about it. :p

HelloLudger

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Can they do anything right though?

They show something early, people moan they don't want to wait.

They don't show something till its ready, people moan that nothing interesting is happening.

They could. But it seems like they decided to not do things right.
It's not like e force them to be as slow as a snail with everything they do with WP.

They had some momentum with 8.1, but that's long gone. And now we are in the wait-for-the-next-mayor-version-coming-in-6-to-9-months mode. Again.

Ryan Burke

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Sure seems that way.

What I glean from twitter (following various Windows personalities) is that, namely with the open sourcing of .NET that just went down, Microsoft has revealed their plan B - Android. Some are already guessing that Windows 10 for mobile will simply be a forked android distribution, similar to Amazon's Fire OS efforts.

Obviously it's too early to say something like that and truly mean it, but it's an interesting thought.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Sure seems that way.

What I glean from twitter (following various Windows personalities) is that, namely with the open sourcing of .NET that just went down, Microsoft has revealed their plan B - Android. Some are already guessing that Windows 10 for mobile will simply be a forked android distribution, similar to Amazon's Fire OS efforts.

Obviously it's too early to say something like that and truly mean it, but it's an interesting thought.

Seriously?? Are we back to this BS again?????

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Sure seems that way.

I think you're living in a fantasy.

Ryan Burke

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I think you're living in a fantasy.
You call that a fantasy? Most would call it a nightmare!

Don't get me wrong, I do not wish for anything resembling that to -ever- happen, lol.
Just saying people are starting to notice how it -could- happen; these multi-platform efforts MS has been making can be seen, in a certain light, as the seeds being planted for something like a forked distro on steroids - keeping just enough android java sandbox nonsense around to allow apps to be side-loaded.

In my opinion, I don't think so. Too many security issues.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Lumia Denim is taking too long, dear god.

Hell I have denim on my 830, but I DO NOT have the most touted feature.... LUMIA CAMERA! Where the f is it???

How do you announce a phone, spend an hour talking about how great the new camera app is and release the phone without said app??? Wtf Microsoft... For the love of god, please please get your stuff together

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Exactly! And all the reviews of the 830 would have been much better!!! In 80% of all reviews, one of the few cons was the slow camera!
With Lumia camera they would have had one con less, and one pro more!!! IDIOTS!!!!

And where is the problem to give Lumia camera just to 830 users? Because then 930 users are upset? Come on....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3