Ordered some extra back covers, experiment

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
My back cover came in green with an additional black one. I ordered and orange one on ebay becaues I like that one the most. But my experiment is that I ordered 3 white back covers, and I'm going to take 2 of them and spray paint them different colors, one blue and one red. Would spray paint work the best for the plastic back, or should I try something else?

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
How much did they cost? I was looking for an orange one, but was surprised at the price on eBay for just a cover

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
There's someone on ebay selling orange ones for around 25 dollars with shipping. Kinda pricey, but it beats having to buy an orange 830 that isn't an AT&T model.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of doing the same, but painting it a bright/neonish yellow (like the yellow casing for the 635). I think that would look awesome with the sliver frame. But I'm not sure what the best way to go about painting it would be.

AdamInTx

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Just make sure you buy the spray paint that sticks to plastic. I don't know where you live but here in the US we have a brand called Krylon that has special spray paints specifically meant for painting on plastic. Costs a little more but the paint bonds to the plastic better. I'm sure there are other brands that make something similar as well but I've only used the Krylon branded ones.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just make sure you buy the spray paint that sticks to plastic. I don't know where you live but here in the US we have a brand called Krylon that has special spray paints specifically meant for painting on plastic. Costs a little more but the paint bonds to the plastic better. I'm sure there are other brands that make something similar as well but I've only used the Krylon branded ones.

Yup, I'm in the U.S. and am familiar with Krylon. The person in the video used a different paint though, hence not being quite sure what to go with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss