Do you use a case for your 830 or go naked?

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
The sexy look of my 830 is really tempting me to remove the transparent silicon case which I got with great difficulty. But obviously I'm afraid I'll get scratches if I remove the case. Does anyone use their 830 without case and screen guard. Is it solid enough to withstand the daily traumas? I've been using mine for one month now with the case and a screen guard..

autodidact

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I've always gone (around) naked — with my phones. It's a everyday item and some wear and tear should be accepted.

I'f we intend to keep it mint for resale, it's a tough job to sell "out-dated" technology even if it's in mint conditions. — So why bother beyond applying a careful mindset to avoid marks and damages beyond normal wear?!

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I prefer to go naked, but coming off the HTC 8X which was particularly stylized to be held in the hand (size wise, curved and soft back), I felt like the 830 was a slippery brick. I don't care about nicks, but I knew it was just a matter of time until it slipped out of my hand and dropped. After about a week I put it in the clear Incipio case sold by ATT. Which is fine, but I'd still prefer nothing. No screen protector for me, hate those things.

Basiluzzo

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I just bought an 830 about 10 days ago. At first I went bare naked but did detect a slight scratch on the screen so got a screen protector. I've never liked phone cases, always felt them to be necessary on my fragile iPhones but have decided to try not using one with the 830. I like the thin feel in my hand. Also I bought the 2-year extended warranty when I bought the phone at the Microsoft Store (the salesperson gave it to me for 50% off so I paid $50 for the warranty) - this covers breakage and I figure in 2 years I'll be just about ready for a new phone anyway.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've almost always gone without a case on my phone. In a lot of cases, it makes it difficult to accurately press buttons on the edge of the screen.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've decided to use my cover for the first 6 months... Can't even think of a scratch in this awesome device.. I've been using my Lumia 820 without a cover for the past two years.. It's looking perfect even now, except for a very few negligible scratches.. But I can't afford even those damage in my sexy 830 😉

emark858

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I like to use slip cases because my phones are in my pocket most of the time anyway, heave Bluetooth user. For my 830, I got the Golly Air Wallet from the Microsoft store. It protects the phone and has space for money and a couple of cards.

afcor

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I'd love to go naked with mine, but this is one slippery phone! I've currently got a clear plastic case, just to help me not drop it.

bokchoy1

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My new Lumia 830 has spent a week in an otherwise empty pocket that has done absolutely no harm to any of my other Gorilla Glass-covered devices.

Except this one :'(

There are now micro scratches along the edges of the screen and particularly in the corners. They're easy to ignore with the screen on but very noticeable with Glance, black backgrounds and when the screen is off.

If my pocket lining can do this, I'd hate to see what keys can do. Do I have a defective screen coating? Either way, the scratches are here to stay.

Last edited:

Medwynd

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I always put large otterbox cases on my phones with screen protectors. I don't care how a phone looks or weighs at all. Function over form.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I went two years with my 920 with no case. other than the usual light scratches it fared very well. My 830 will be the same. I feel these phones are safer without a case than say my previous iPhone where you felt like you needed to put it in an inch thick rubber case and even then you would feel like it would still break after dropping it.

anon8957882

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Same here. No case for my Lumia 920. Almost two years now. Though I definitely use screen guard.

Have a few scratches on the body and none on screen. I have dropped the phone twice, both time from above a metre.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine is naked. And already scratched on the back of the corner closest the the USB port. And I haven't dropped it since I bought it yesterday. I plan to case it for work, but no case for social stuff.

Last edited:

anon(9140902)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I go around naked .. I also use a case on my phone. Well, my iPhone 4 has a case, actually it's more of a rubber skin. my Lumia 830 is bare, I haven't had time to go out looking for a case yet. With the green backing, quite a few people asked me about the phone last night

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3