Live Lock Screen beta not available for 830?

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I just tried to reinstall the live lock screen beta on my Lumia 830 to play around with it on this phone. I previously had it on my 920. now when I search the store I do not get any results, and when I search the store without signing in I see it, but get the following error.

"You can't download this item because it is either unavailable or blocked by your My Family settings. You or a parent can change the settings in My Family to see if that solves the problem. "

Well... I am the parent, and all my settings are set to be able to get any darn thing I can with my device.

strange. anyone else having this problem? I do have the tetra lock screen app installed, and it works fine.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I can't get it either and I don't have My Family setup so that's not the issue. It must not be available for the 830 for some reason..

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).jpg
    Screenshot (4).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 5

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Also can't install it. I've actually been battling with this for a lot longer than I should. Used the Windows Store support tool to contact Microsoft, they told me to speak to Nokia... who told me to speak to Microsoft... who told me to speak to Nokia.

After getting the runaround for so long, they created a ticket in which they'd use to escalate the issue... and found themselves unable to determine a reason why I couldn't download it -_-

How many idiots does it take to modify an XML file and an I/O switch value so that certain phones/FWs aren't blacklisted? ...apparently a lot.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
However its really broke on my phone, Tetra works much faster and smoother yet buggy.. It's something Microsoft needs to fix in the OS, although I'm not sure if they are interested in it.

I know there are bugs with it, used it on my 920. I get bored with my lock screen though lol Figured I would give it a go on the 830. My bet is that it will be more refined in Windows 10 but who knows.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I know there are bugs with it, used it on my 920. I get bored with my lock screen though lol Figured I would give it a go on the 830. My bet is that it will be more refined in Windows 10 but who knows.

I hope so, although Windows 10 sounds like it will use a new design language with different live lock screens options.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3