microsd usage on 830

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting my new 830 today but I haven't purchased a microSD card for it yet. Since I'm coming from a 920, I don't really know what can and can't be put on the storage card when it's installed on the 830. What are the limitations for use? Can apps be installed to it and run from there?

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Now, anything, even apps can be installed on it. I usually set the apps to the phone memory and everything else on the sd card. Maybe you can try it with a high speed sd card.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Indeed use a class 10 card. And most apps can be placed on the SD-card and if the app can not be placed on the SD card you will be notified and asked if you want to place it on the internal memory. So it is a piece of cake.

But with16 GB internal you can also place all apps on the internal memory. As long as you do not download 50% of the app-store there will be space enough.

Last edited:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I am with PLGomez on this, I set it for pictures and music on the SD card and Apps and Downloads on the phone, but the OS will allow all to go to SD if you want.

Bought an 830 for my wife, nice phone, hope you enjoy it.

Basiluzzo

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Indeed use a class 10 card. And most apps can be placed on the SD-card and if the app can not be placed on the SD card you will be notified and asked if you want to place it on the internal memory. So it is a piece of cake.

But with16 GB internal you can also place all apps on the internal memory. As long as you do not download 50% of the app-store there will be space enough.

Yes, be sure to get a fast card. I put a 128 gb card in and have had NO problems. I save music, photos and downloads to the card and apps to the phone. It's a little bit of a chore to persuade the phone to save maps to the card, that has been discussed elsewhere here. Let me know if you're interested and I'll find the string where that's discussed.

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I bought a 32 GB class 4 micro SD card before reading this thread (my bad). I haven't received it yet but now I'm hesitant as to whether I should use it at all! What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb