Wireless charging does not work anymore

Slomo11

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Wireless charging worked fine for about two weeks. Since yesterday it stopped working.

Phone and charging plate find and connect to each other - but the phone does not charge.

My hardware:
Nokia Lumia 830
Nokia DT-903 Wireless Charging Plate

What do do?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I agree both are new and should be under warranty.
But what do you mean with find and connect. Is this the NFC Bluetooth connection or do you seen the "loading" icon on the top right corner from the screen?
Did you check if the back cover of the 830 is well connected on the phone.
If you replace the position of the phone what happens.
Did you by accident have the dt-903 put upside down. (happens me with the dt-900)

Last edited:

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Wireless charging worked fine for about two weeks. Since yesterday it stopped working.

Phone and charging plate find and connect to each other - but the phone does not charge.

My hardware:
Nokia Lumia 830

What do do?

I have the 830 as well and it will not charge properly on my CR-201 car charger; it works ok on the 900 and 910 plates though. Looks like the 830 back plates might be a real problem here. I will follow this post as well.

Basiluzzo

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site

My hardware:
Nokia Lumia 830

What do do?

I have three PowerBot 1020 Qi chargers. The phone stopped charging on one of them, but not the other two. As you suggest, they phone appeared to be connected to it ... the little "plug" icon come on over the battery, and the blue flashing indicator light operated on the charger. But, the battery didn't charge. Since the other two chargers continued to work, as an experiment I plugged the nonfunctional one into a different USB port on a different device - now it works fine. Weird.

Slomo11

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Wait...where did you get a DT-903 from?

Amazon (Germany)

It seems the plastic back plate is the problem. It needs to sit 100% perfect in order for the metal contacts to transmit power. But because this plate is slightly flexibly, it sometimes is maybe 1/10 of a mm off - and not more wireless charging is possible.

The Nokia CP-627 cover makes this problem worse, because this flip cover adds additional weight, and additional pulling force, to the cover. So the probability of the cover being slightly displaced is even higher than with the standard cover.

That's a serious constructional flaw if you ask me.

Last edited:

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Stomo11,
I would first check, if you can, with a DT 900 or a DT 901 in a store firstly. As I said my L830 will not charge properly with the Nokia CR 201 and I blame the 830 because my 720 did and still foes charge perfectly in the car.
I have both the 900 and 901 and my L830 charges fine with some room to move them around. I was going to upgrade to the 903 pad; I will not now because I do not want a replication if what is going on in the car. It seems to me there are less coils in the 830 back plate or they are not in the correct position. Please do try the 900/901 chargers if you can and report back. We need to narrow this down in a logical way.

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Did you try a soft reset of your phone? It might not necessarily be a hardware problem.

I have done soft and hard resets on my L830 to try to get it to charge properly with my CR-201 but to no avail. I am heading towards the issue being with the 830 back plate but not necessarily with its two contact points.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos