When will the Lumia 830 Denim update come out?

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Whether this is true or not who knows but definitely plausible, my guess all along was that MS is the cause of the slow rollout and the more I read the more it seems to be true.

I'm on Telus and haven't heard a thing, was considering inquiring but been there and done that before with little in the way of a straight answers so why bother.

I'll be hanging on for a few more months until my contract nears it's end, if the pace of WP doesn't pickup by then I'll be considering another platform, stick of being in the beta/test stage all the time which it seems we have been in the past year... Nice having the ability to test out a new OS and all but when phones are being left in the dust waiting for patches/fixes in lieu of, that's when I draw the line.

I think that Bell told me the truth because if I understand correctly, with the Nokia update tool, you can search for the model and product number on the Navifirm and even there it is the same version that I currently have.

What pisses me off is that they announce this Lumia 830 and show it with the new lumia camera. But we still don't have it. Also it is not only for the app but for some fixes that others and myself got but with the Denim update it should be fixed.

I won't change platform because for me it is the one that I love. I see people with Android phones and they are also waiting for the Lollipop update which some got but not the majority of the phones yet... I think. IOS I used it before and got tired of the interface and started to jailbreak it to have more options and change the UI then I started to get problems. Windows Phone is my platform but they need to really work on the marketing skills and also with the update being pushed out in a better way, especially since at first it was suppose to be the 1520, 930, 830 to have it first...

Anyway, I now have Windows 10 for phones on mine and I enjoy it and I can't wait to see the next update to see if they worked hard to fix the current bugs and see some changes....

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
What pisses me off is that they announce this Lumia 830 and show it with the new lumia camera. But we still don't have it. Also it is not only for the app but for some fixes that others and myself got but with the Denim update it should be fixed.

I won't change platform because for me it is the one that I love. I see people with Android phones and they are also waiting for the Lollipop update which some got but not the majority of the phones yet... I think. IOS I used it before and got tired of the interface and started to jailbreak it to have more options and change the UI then I started to get problems. Windows Phone is my platform but they need to really work on the marketing skills and also with the update being pushed out in a better way, especially since at first it was suppose to be the 1520, 930, 830 to have it first...

Anyway, I now have Windows 10 for phones on mine and I enjoy it and I can't wait to see the next update to see if they worked hard to fix the current bugs and see some changes....

Yep MS fed us a bunch of baloney in regards to the 830 with it supposedly having the "real" Denim installed (I"m sure that'll spark some backlash hehehe), after getting my 830 I was just waiting on the the Limia Camera app and was very disappointed to find out another update would be required to use it properly. As for the fixes that's the thing, are the bugs and quirks me and many others are experiencing due to needing an update or is it hardware issues or both, by the time we find out the phone will be off warranty going at this pace.

I love WP phone too but have noticed a steady decline in MS addressing issues in a timely manner, been down that road with BB, there comes a time when enough is enough and one has to move on... Not to mention phones become outdated/redundant much faster than a PC will so time is of the essence here. As for Android, yes not every capable device has Lollipop but when it's "said" a particular device (ie Galaxy S5) is getting it "all" those devices globally get it in short order, with Denim its been like playing musical chairs, we're going around and around from one device to the next and then back again.

For me I've decided to not go down the Windows 10 path as I feel it's way too early yet, own three WP (Ativ S, 1020 & 830) with my 830 being the only real capable device and daily driver we don't want to chance it. Hopefully MS continues on the straight and narrow delivering what they promised but I'm pretty skeptical, don't see there being any real delays with PCs but have a hunch the same won't be true for WP.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 Denim Udpate.

After seeing how Android's Lollipop is rolling out MS implementation of Denim is a total sham, yep the former (L) came out in Oct /2014 and not all devices that are eligible have it yet buuuut, they didn't announce a specific device is seeing it "roll out now" and then having it take months to reach every "said" device like the 830 for instance. The other day when I heard another batch of Android phones were getting the Lollipop update I started watching my carrier's site to see how quick the aforementioned would ensue and to my surprise it was within hours, not weeks nor months and on 2+ year old devices to boot, two of my WP (2+ years/1+years) already appear to be relegated to paper weights of sorts so I'm not holding out much hope for the Windows platform especially with all the shenanigans of late... My 830 is nearing 6 months old without any love and that's eons in terms of being anywhere near "state of the art" technology.

So my question... Is it really the carriers that are holding out or is MS got the reins with it being "their" choice when to let go?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
My question is why is there 0 response from MS on this. There are MS people in these forums. I've posted in the blogs, on twitter, I've emailed Nadella!
call me a whiner all you want. This is pathetic.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
My question is why is there 0 response from MS on this. There are MS people in these forums. I've posted in the blogs, on twitter, I've emailed Nadella!
call me a whiner all you want. This is pathetic.

Considering that the phones which can benefit the most from Denim seem to be some of the last to get it I wonder if MS needs the extra time to sort out the bugs, they surely are not going to admit to that.

I'm not digging the direction WP is going as it seems it's becoming more fragmented and incomplete, test test test but when will it be done. Can't believe I'm sitting here with the Lumia 830 that still has a camera that is just as slow as my 1020, downright inexcusable.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
AT&T Lumia 1520 even getting the update now, and we STILL wait. When it comes to everyone except Windows Phone, buying unlocked, carrier-free means getting updates first. Not even the RM-938 (unlocked Americas version of the 1520) is getting the update. This is unacceptable, and has been unacceptable for a long time now.

The update process has only gotten worse since it went from being under Nokia's umbrella to being under Microsoft's. Microsoft claimed the opposite would happen.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
AT&T Lumia 1520 even getting the update now, and we STILL wait. When it comes to everyone except Windows Phone, buying unlocked, carrier-free means getting updates first. Not even the RM-938 (unlocked Americas version of the 1520) is getting the update. This is unacceptable, and has been unacceptable for a long time now.

The update process has only gotten worse since it went from being under Nokia's umbrella to being under Microsoft's. Microsoft claimed the opposite would happen.

Here in Canada I haven't seen nor heard of a single instance where a carrier specific Lumia received the Denim update, browsed a few carrier sites today with nothing of relevance been shown... My 830 awaits but not expecting it overly soon (a little birdie tells me so) and as for my 1020, adds little value and in all honesty I truly don't expect it'll ever see it.

Darth litku

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

I hope someone here in the Windows Central will invistigate/ask some questions to MS and make some article about the denim update for L830 and why it take so long for us to have it... Like what they did to pebble article...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I hope someone here in the Windows Central will invistigate/ask some questions to MS and make some article about the denim update for L830 and why it take so long for us to have it... Like what they did to pebble article...

May be its time you use your Dark Force powers for the investigation :p

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

It's taking so long for us because we got it first, you know, that text under extra+info that reads "Lumia Denim" LOL.

nallWhite

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone have the slightest idea when will the update for Lumia 830 roll out? In the beginning, Microsoft stated that Lumia 830, 930 will get the Denim update first, followed by 1520 and then the others.
'Others' have got it but we haven't.
Its pretty frustrating :S
When att releases it so they don't make them look bad. Look at the 1520 roll out.

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Before at&t can release it Microsoft has to give it to them. There are no updates on navifirm yet...Microsoft is just slow being very slow. Country variants for Latin America haven't received anything yet...so carriers are not holding anything up.

I'm in the same boat with my unlocked carrier free 735. Still waiting on Microsoft for my firmware update.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Before at&t can release it Microsoft has to give it to them. There are no updates on navifirm yet...Microsoft is just slow being very slow. Country variants for Latin America haven't received anything yet...so carriers are not holding anything up.

I'm in the same boat with my unlocked carrier free 735. Still waiting on Microsoft for my firmware update.

That's what I think too, MS is lagging behind at handing it over to the carriers which is the reversal of what so many want you to believe. Just hope in the end when my rm-985 gets it that it'll be worth the wait but have this small inkling it might not be all it's cracked up to be, hope I'm wrong.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Exactly 16 more hours left for march to come. Will Microsoft India keep the promise?
Denim still awaited for 830...

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Exactly 16 more hours left for march to come. Will Microsoft India keep the promise?
Denim still awaited for 830...

I'm thinking not, those phones in India still awaiting Denim are the 625/630/730/830/1320, like I said in another post, It'll be another nail in the WP coffin as far as I"m concerned if they don't deliver.

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

Since Lumia 730 will not get 'hey cortana', rich capture and 4k video recording... What changes will this Denim patch bring to the phone ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aisi