Full Denim is being released for the 830

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Today I changed the ROM of my Lumia 830 (RM-984) and found that it already had the full version of Lumia Denim
You can notice in the following screenshots that OS version is 8.10.14219.341

wp_ss_20150120_0001.png
wp_ss_20150120_0002.png
wp_ss_20150120_0003.png

I installed a CV ROM from Spain, it's product code is 059W5H5.

Regards! :smile:

Last edited:

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 830 in Germany - an update is available :) 8.10.14219.341

Didn't install it yet, will have to wait until tonight since I never install any updates when I'm not near a backup phone

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I found a backup phone sooner than I expected and took the plunge. Am now running full Denim on my 830 with Lumia Camera 5.0.1.11

mvtol

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday I got the latest Denim update ( 8.10.14219.341) with Lumia Camera. Also on my girlfriends 635! From KPN in the Netherlands.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
for all wanting to know ,follow this link, it has been released today

Mobile Community - New software update for Lumia 830 rolling out in s... - Microsoft Mobile Community

Features offered in the update

Latest software release for Lumia 830 is Lumia Denim (02040.00019.14484.24xxx/8.10.14219.341)

•Cortana, the most personal digital assistant, is now available in more markets.
•The new Lumia Camera is faster and simpler than ever, while offering stunning new features. Take multiple photos with milliseconds between shots. Take the best-quality smartphone photos in daylight and low light. Snap away without worrying about the settings, then select and edit the perfect shot later with the Rich Capture feature.
•With Lumia Moments, you can extract great action shots from your videos or Full HD (1080p) moment photos. Use Best Frame to find your favourites and save them as Living Images, then see them brought to life in the camera roll or the Lumia Storyteller app. Use the Action Shot and Motion Focus options to create unique photos.
•You can easily switch your mobile data connection on or off in the action centre.
•Install phone updates more easily by scheduling them for a time that works best for you.
•Additional improvements to stability, performance, audio quality, WiFi connectivity, and more

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
in the latin america section they didn't even show the 830

No. And it probably won't show in any markets until it's actually available in those markets. Remember, the 830 wasn't supposed to require another firmware update as it was already understood, according to MS, that "final" Denim was installed.

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No. And it probably won't show in any markets until it's actually available in those markets. Remember, the 830 wasn't supposed to require another firmware update as it was already understood, according to MS, that "final" Denim was installed.

On the discussion page which was originally linked, the person specifically pointed out the RM-985, which is the Latin America and North America CV version. I whole heartedly agree with the comment about the 830 shipping with the final version, but they should have provided a correct link.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
It will only be released for those of you who are with a carrier that sells the 830. Those of us who bought an unlocked 830 believing that it had the Full DENIM because MS is press releases and still on MS Mobile says 830 HAS the new LUMIA camera ( one can't have a working LUMIA 5 without this update -ergo MS lied) are SCREWED once again.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It will only be released for those of you who are with a carrier that sells the 830. Those of us who bought an unlocked 830 believing that it had the Full DENIM because MS is press releases and still on MS Mobile says 830 HAS the new LUMIA camera ( one can't have a working LUMIA 5 without this update -ergo MS lied) are SCREWED once again.

The update will come when it comes, no one will be "screwed" or otherwise just because they have to wait a bit.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
The update will come when it comes, no one will be "screwed" or otherwise just because they have to wait a bit.

MS doesn't do OS updates directly it's updated by way of a carrier. Unless you mean via Preview for Developers and I had enough headaches with 8.1 on my Lumia 810 not to do that again.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
MS doesn't do OS updates directly it's updated by way of a carrier. Unless you mean via Preview for Developers and I had enough headaches with 8.1 on my Lumia 810 not to do that again.

Updates for unbranded phones (not associated with a carrier...ie country variant phones and the like) come directly from MS because, by definition, there is no carrier from which they can come.

Case in point -> U.S. unlocked/unbranded variant of 1020 sold through microsoft store was issued Cyan update directly (eventually).

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

Kinda, Microsoft gets approval from the carriers (after the carrier tests the software / firmware) to release the update, then they are served to customers via Microsoft servers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism