Netflix fixed with full denim update

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
MS said they are 'working on this issue' they only acknowledged that it is their fault a few weeks ago, I doubt they put Denim update on hold to fix one apps configuration with Denim.

lbeezy2188

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
You don't have a 830, 753, or 730 you have a 1020
this was posted in an 830 forum and that is error code: Q8156-8000FFFF
and the one effecting our phones is error code: Q8156-887A0004 & not the same problem.

In a separate forum post. Someone confirmed that when they downloaded "Full" Denim to their 830 Netflix worked again. So now its just a waiting game to see off ATT approved denim for my phone

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
In a separate forum post. Someone confirmed that when they downloaded "Full" Denim to their 830 Netflix worked again. So now its just a waiting game to see off ATT approved denim for my phone

Why don't you post that link if the phone in question is a 830, that would be news

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
For some reason the app won't let me share the thread
Sure I does.
Anyone who has a Lumia 830 with the "quasi" Denim firmware and tried to use the most recent Netflix update was met with an annoying error message - something about the windows version not being up to date...

Yesterday evening I got the "proper" Denim upgrade and Netflix works fine again. Just for anyone out there annoyed by this problem, be a little patient and when the update comes, it'll be fine again.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I did the update on my L830 and it still doesn't play. It navigates and searches fine, but doesn't seem to play. I've done soft resets multiple times and it still doesn't play. I guess my only option is to watch it on my L900, till they get a fix on the lumia denim users...

golf9509

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I have spent a couple of hours total with Lumia Support and Netflix. This is clearly a Microsoft issue. Netflix worked fine on my Lumia 830 until I got the Denim "update". It now doesn't work. I can open the app, navigate etc... just can't play a movie. Seriously about to drive me back to old reliable Android and Samsung S5. I really like the Windows OS. New and fresh looking. But if something as simple as Netflix won't work, it's pretty useless. Microsoft already has very limited app availability. But if the apps they do have don't work on my device, that's a deal breaker for sure. I'm going to wait another few days and then just put the SIM card back in what I KNOW works and sell the Lumia 830. Perhaps Microsoft is a day late to the party.

golf9509

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
This workaround does not fix error code Q8156-887A0004. According to Lumia "support", they are working on a fix but have NO idea when that fix will be pushed. Pretty sad. Think it's time to go back to what I KNOW works in Android and Samsung.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro