Construction error

subliminal ray

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Not too long ago, I decided to upgrade from my Lumia 620 to a Lumia 830. I got a good deal because I bought it without having to pay taxes. I was quite happy, the first few days I played around with it. It was fast and I got to keep my glance and physical camera button. But then I noticed something I wasn't happy about. I was in a dark lit room and I saw a faint light coming from underneath the screen and it's aluminum body, just under the 'Search' button. It bothered me so I decided to take it back and trade it in for a better build one. They only could compare it to the demo model they had in the store and it also had the same problem. They weren't very keen on giving me a new one because they could not guarantee it wouldn't have the same issue. So I ended up getting my money back and was left disappointed.

Now a friend of mine got the same model, not long after I was raving about the phone and before I was aware of its issue. She decided to not use the phone before helping her out transferring data from an Android phone. So I was with her, booting up the phone for the first time. And that phone had the same problem. She bought her phone from another store and they also compared it to their demo model and confirmed the problem.

Now we contacted Microsoft about this, wondering if it was a bad batch or if it was a design failure that users have to live with. We were left in the dark as they were quite shady by not confirming anything and kept referring to the stores we got our phones from.

So I was wondering if you Lumia 830 users have this problem as well. And if it does, doesn't it bother you? For a 300 euro phone I expect a better build quality.

Here's a picture of the spots where my problem occured:

Lumia830 bleed.jpg

Ostbiten

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes, my 830 also light through at those spots. I even see it in the daylight. Got worse when they replaced the screen/digitizer on it.
I don't really bother to be honest, I just look at the screen anyways when using the phone. I am sure it's a quality miss, since many (if not all) 830's seems to have some kind of light going through there what've read.

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I have nothing there that I can see. Doubt if it would bother me if I could to be honest tho, as if the screen is lot it would be far brighter...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had six Lumia 830s (don't ask -_-, or search my posts in the forum if you're curious lol) and they've all had this issue, some a bit worse than others. I'm quite picky about my phones and notice any tiny blemish, but after going through six for various reasons... I've come to accept that they all have this issue. Like you, I only notice it while using the phone in a dark room with no lights on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon