When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
6h6 hours ago
@ATTCares Anything new for the #Lumia830 #Denim? Canadian carriers have - what is the issue here?

ATTCares ‏@ATTCares ? 6h6 hours ago
No current ETA. Updates will release as soon as testing is complete, then we will communicate an expected download date. ^MikeO

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
6h6 hours ago
@ATTCares Anything new for the #Lumia830 #Denim? Canadian carriers have - what is the issue here?

ATTCares ‏@ATTCares ? 6h6 hours ago
No current ETA. Updates will release as soon as testing is complete, then we will communicate an expected download date. ^MikeO

# nevergonnahappen.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, my unlock code finally came back for the 985 (Rogers), popped in the sim, and it worked like a charm.

So, now it'll be time to get Denim the cheater's way - by transplanting the 985 board into my 983 body.

On a serious note, I'm not a fan of opening these 830's, because I find them sort of fragile inside. I hope the operation is successful.

I've dropped mine several times on the street, grocery store floor, kitchen floor, once it fell of my pocket doing a power walk: 0 damage.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, my unlock code finally came back for the 985 (Rogers), popped in the sim, and it worked like a charm.

So, now it'll be time to get Denim the cheater's way - by transplanting the 985 board into my 983 body.

On a serious note, I'm not a fan of opening these 830's, because I find them sort of fragile inside. I hope the operation is successful.
what am I missing ? You can get the Denim update on the RM-985 OTA from Rogers

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
what am I missing ? You can get the Denim update on the RM-985 OTA from Rogers

As Cam said, I bought a 985 with a broken screen specifically so that I could take the motherboard out and put it into my 983, just so I could Denim.

The 985 I bought, I thought was unlocked, but it was not. So, I bought a code for it, so now it will work with ATT.

That is my work around from waiting forever on ATT.

I haven't done the swap yet, I was hoping ATT would do something. It looks like I'll do it this weekend though.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I thought there were disassembly vids on the 830 out there, but maybe not. I can't remember if I followed a vid, or stumbled through.

I'll see what I can do, which at most is still pics. I am not talented enough, nor have the tools, to do a video.

BioTurboNick

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Sooo... At what point could AT&T and Microsoft be hit with a class action lawsuit? Especially for people who bought the 830 on an AT&T Next plan who may not ever get the benefit of an update before exchanging it, assuming it ever is delivered. They owe us more of an explanation than repeating the same crap over and over. Anyone know a lawyer who can weigh in?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OK... I'm not really one for conspiracy theory and I'm not trying to start one now... I'm just reporting what I see...

On the Software Update Availability pages they have a new format. Click on Region and instead of tables you get a "Select the Country" dropdown. Availability in North America - Microsoft - Global
Capture02.JPG

So I pulled the United States table up and lo and behold... NO AT&T 830!!!
Capture.JPG

I have to assume this is due to ongoing updates to the new format...

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
OK... I'm not really one for conspiracy theory and I'm not trying to start one now... I'm just reporting what I see...

On the Software Update Availability pages they have a new format. Click on Region and instead of tables you get a "Select the Country" dropdown. Availability in North America - Microsoft - Global

So I pulled the United States table up and lo and behold... NO AT&T 830!!!
View attachment 107582

I have to assume this is due to ongoing updates to the new format...

I noticed that yesterday as well.... which kinda bugs me since i JUST got my 830 on monday. hopefully it was just an oversight

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that yesterday as well.... which kinda bugs me since i JUST got my 830 on monday. hopefully it was just an oversight

I've had my 830 for a couple months.. Used it for a month. I'm waiting for the Update so I can rest my 1520.3 and put the 830 back into daily use. That Lumia Camera 5 spoils you pretty quick.

BioTurboNick

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that too just now... And found out that arbitration clause expressly forbids class actions. Which is annoying when there is clearly a class of people all affected. Maybe I'll try arbitration anyway for kicks.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Sooo... At what point could AT&T and Microsoft be hit with a class action lawsuit?
I noticed that too just now... And found out that arbitration clause expressly forbids class actions. Which is annoying when there is clearly a class of people all affected. Maybe I'll try arbitration anyway for kicks.

Who cares about updates? Of course pretty much everyone here does, but but I don't think that overall many people are even aware of updates. Starting with the already relatively low number of AT&T Lumia 830's, and then subtracting those whose owners don't know anything about Denim, or Cyan, or Black, or dare I say even WP8(.1), I do not think any action would get very far, were it even possible.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site

I'm not bound by any arbitration. I have an AT&T 830 that I bought direct from MS for full price. I don't have a contract with AT&T.

BioTurboNick

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I just talked to an AT&T tech who had some very promising news. They said that they started batching out the Denim update to compatible IMEIs a week ago and that the Lumia 830 is on the list. But they couldn't give an exact date for when I would get mine.

EDIT: I mean, I'll believe it when I see it... but the use of technical terms and the change from silence to details I'll take as a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire