When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I am still searching for the AT&T marketing materials for the 830, it has to be out there somewhere as I saw it before I purchased my 830

if you find that info, THAT would be the important thing to quote in a BBB complaint, BUT if it's from AT&T, or Microsoft SPECIFICALLY talking about the AT&T version. Anything MS says is dead in the water if AT&T doesn't want to do anything. With that info added to the BBB complaint, the complaint would be worth the time for them to actually investigate.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Well, they skipped the denim update, and to hold on hope, we thought they did that because they were going to release 8.1.2 since that update would have been required to keep selling the phones in some states. At this point, they've skipped two updates.

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Here's the real question: Why the hell are we all still on AT&T, anyways? We've known we should have left them since the late days of WP7. (874 days later, and my AT&T branded Samsung Focus Flash still doesn't have that WP7.8 update...)

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Just submitted my complaint

View attachment 109707
Update. I received a reply from ATT after submitting the complaint.
I can return my equipment for a full refund, which I will do. Kudos to ATT at least from me.

Now trying to find two unlocked L830s with full Denim path. Any recommendations appreciated. In the meantime I will use the BLU HD LTE for the two lines we have. Maybe I wait until the flagships show up instead of getting the L830 with full Denim....

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I can return my equipment for a full refund, which I will do. Kudos to ATT at least from me.

and Noahma was refused a refund. Interesting.... Derausgewanderte, how long ago did you buy your 830?? Did they say anything concerning the update, like it's pending, not happening, etc?

for me, a refund really isn't an option, grabbed it from ebay.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

Now trying to find two unlocked L830s with full Denim path. Any recommendations appreciated. In the meantime I will use the BLU HD LTE for the two lines we have. Maybe I wait until the flagships show up instead of getting the L830 with full Denim....
That is awesome! I'm still waiting to hear myself.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
and Noahma was refused a refund. Interesting.... Derausgewanderte, how long ago did you buy your 830?? Did they say anything concerning the update, like it's pending, not happening, etc?

for me, a refund really isn't an option, grabbed it from ebay.
First week of Nov 2014, right after it was released. The wording about the update was similar to that what Noah posted. It was rather vague but didn't look good to me in terms of ever getting the fw update.

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
/.

Can you share how you worded your complaint or the actual complaint? I recently purchased the 830 on the next plan and now very disappointed that I am stuck with a paperweight because AT&T is not going to provide the update. Going into my second month with 830

I opened an additional line and got the 640XL --- not a bad phone but certainly not as FInished as the 830 styling....would love to just give them back the 830 and continue with 640 on next until next flagship.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I just called the rep working on my complaint and left him a message advising him to look here at the forum specifically at the past few posts and stating that the resolution was exactly what I am wanting, I want my device returned for a full refund so I can go buy the carrier free unlocked variant which has received the denim update.

Just checking lol that particular model does have the bands for AT&T LTE?

If he can do that for me, I have no problems staying with AT&T, the signal I get is great where I live. The guy Is a nice guy, I just do not think he understands how serious of an issue this is. The phone was sold with certain features which are not there.
so far Windows central, wmpoweruser and pocket now have ran articles in regards to my complaint, all have had some pretty nasty comments in the comment section towards AT&T. I will wait until the first update with the 950 to see if Microsoft pushes it or AT&T, if its the later, I will buy the country variant that is carrier free so do not have to deal with this crap again. If its pushed by Microsoft I will happily buy the AT&T version. I am done with dealing with carrier updates.

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Hm... Well, now I have to decide if a return/refund is worth the hassle. Idk how that would work since this phone is an AT&T Next deal. Maybe I'll wait and see if any new devices pop up (950 pls). Not too enamored with the One M8 (and besides, its support isn't much better than this, is it?), and I already have a 7" tablet so I don't really want the size of the 1520.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Idk how that would work since this phone is an AT&T Next deal.
I was on ATT Next as well. If you get refunded then it will be whatever you paid including taxes. They may make your line upgradable at the same time (they did with mine). The only hassle is shipping it back.

Last edited:

Gilbriem

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if a BBB complaint is the only way to get a refund now that precedent has been set? My concern is that BBBs are local and the results are going to vary.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm - one of the sticking points with not having Denim was having Nokia Camera installed by default and not getting Lumia Camera. Oddly I just took notice that I got a Lumia Camera update pushed - unfortunately just 4.x version, no 5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb