Lumia 830 Deal

Zephyr716

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else plan on picking up the L830 through the Microsoft store? Hopefully I can soon. To be honest I miss having a Nokia device after using the HTC M8 for Windows for a few months now.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I bought my second device while the offer lasted. It was hard to choose between the cheaper AT&T locked version + the fitbit and the higher priced unlocked RM-985 variant, I bought the unlocked black version just for 2 reasons, first...no more dependency on AT&T for updates and second, I wanted a black version :) I already have a silver RM-985 from MS

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else plan on picking up the L830 through the Microsoft store? Hopefully I can soon. To be honest I miss having a Nokia device after using the HTC M8 for Windows for a few months now.
I also prefer Lumia. So I bought another 830 (unlocked). I really like the M8 but, like you, after a few months I miss the Nokia's.

Zephyr716

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought my second device while the offer lasted. It was hard to choose between the cheaper AT&T locked version + the fitbit and the higher priced unlocked RM-985 variant, I bought the unlocked black version just for 2 reasons, first...no more dependency on AT&T for updates and second, I wanted a black version :) I already have a silver RM-985 from MS
Does the unlocked ver have better specs?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Does the unlocked ver have better specs?

Not really, infact its missing LTE Band 7 that the AT&T version has. The only real advantage it has is support directly from MS. In this case, the unlocked US RM-985 still hasn't received the Denim update. I don't know...I guess any carrier variant phone just freaks me out...I had been with T-Mobile on my 810 (my first WP8) for a while and don't want to repeat something like that again.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Jumped on the deal right away today and was lucky to get the AT&T version for $200. Got a confirmation email right away but still waiting on the shipping information email. Hoping my order is not cancelled.

I have a 920 currently but looking forward to using the 830. Love the design and specs.

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
My wife had the m8 and it just wasn't the same as having a Nokia device. She sold it and we got her an 830.

richard_rsp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Must be nice. Still no shipping info email for me. Logged into my MS account and the order still shows as In Process. :asleep:

Yeah same for me. I paid for expediated shipping too.... But my cc has been charged, so maybe that's a good sign.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Finally got the email that my order has shipped! Now I just have to wait 3-7 business days and for AT&T to move their ASSSS with the full Denim update!! :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3